Wifi issues

cpollitt

Reaction score
This is definitely an issue with Moto Razrs. I am having the same problem. My home wifi network is a very modern b+g+n router and I have tested with multiple channels and other wireless settings. My Droid Incredible and my wife's Blackberry and both of our laptops can all get full wifi signal strength at any room in our house and even nearby outside, but my Razr Maxx will only get 3 bars when I'm in the same room as the router and when I walk down the hall it drops to 1-2 bars and keeps losing the connection. Similarly, at my office we have a commercial wireless G open wifi network that gives great signal all around the office and my Droid incredible and my laptop have never dropped below full wifi bars anywhere in the building, but my Razr Maxx will never show more than 1-2 bars at the office and the connection is intermittent at best.

I have booted the phone in safe mode... I have turned off Bluetooth, GPS, 4G.... I have noticed this problem from the first day when I received the phone and I was first setting it up befoer installing any apps.

I have also seen multiple references to poor wifi signal from other Razr owners on various forums including this one. It seems like there is definitely something wrong with the wifi on these phones.

..... otherwise my Razr Maxx is a great phone, but I would really like to switch to wifi while I'm at home and at my office to save 4G bandwidth and battery life. What is the best way to officially ask for help from Moto or Android?