Wifi issues

cmcgovern2010

Reaction score
i have been having issues with my wifi not staying connected.iam looking to see if anyone else is having these issues.

akstyle450

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Current Phone Model
pixel xl
i dont even have a rom installed and i get this problem too, but at least it works more than before the update.
before it, it would turn on, connect just long enough to say it was connected then go to "turning off" and stay that way until i rebooted

chisholm4

Reaction score
i dont even have a rom installed and i get this problem too, but at least it works more than before the update.
before it, it would turn on, connect just long enough to say it was connected then go to "turning off" and stay that way until i rebooted
mine does this as well, it will connect for a short time then it shows as connected but fails to provide any online access with both 3G and wifi showing. It also get stuck disabling wifi and requires me to reboot as well. Anyone else encounter this or a similar problem?

It seemed to start when I upgraded to Bugless Beast v1.1 from v1.0 and ran the scripts:
blockads
free100mb
rmcorpcal
rmmms
rmim
rmmp3

A temporary fix seemed to work for a day or so with the "fixperm" command, I have already tried to reinstall BB and repair permissions with ROM Manager with no luck.

MoDmAnDaN

Reaction score
I too have an issue with wifi, but not as stated above.

If I leave wifi on and the phone goes to sleep, it will not reconnect when I wake the phone up. I have to disable and re-enable it to connect. This is not a huge issue for me as I don't use wifi all that much anyways.

Just throwing my 2 cents worth :)

OP
C

cmcgovern2010

Reaction score
Mine the 3G works great its just wifi. It connects no problem after about 5 minutes I have to reset it. I never had a problem untill I went to bb. I was runing jrummy and had no problems. I was thinking maybe my wieless network was craping out.

peteralfonso

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
As McGuire stated it is a Droid issue, not a ROM issue.

Not sure if you noticed but you can change the wifi sleep policy via the settings or spare parts. I leave mine on "never." Should solve some of your problems with wifi disconnecting. That is a native setting, not something I changed.

jhhoffma

Reaction score
As McGuire stated it is a Droid issue, not a ROM issue.

Not sure if you noticed but you can change the wifi sleep policy via the settings or spare parts. I leave mine on "never." Should solve some of your problems with wifi disconnecting. That is a native setting, not something I changed.
More specifically, I think it may be an issue with the way the Droid handles reconnection from sleep with a WPA-protected network. The reason I mention this is that I always had issues with my stock Droid and using CM when connected to my home network or my two work networks, both using WPA2. However, this weekend I was at my brother's house who lives out in BFE and he has a completely unprotected network. I connected to the network once and never had a problem when resuming from sleep. I forgot I even had the wifi on since it just picked right up when I woke up the phone and started browsing. I thought, "Man, I can barely get a voice signal, but 3G is flying!", then I saw the wifi icon.

Go figure...

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I think I will try this out. I can barely get WiFi beyond my front door (lets just hope neighbors don't put a sniffer next to fence) so I will set my wireless router to unsecured. Will report back.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I've been streaming Pandora for hours via unsecured wifi. Not a single drop. Most I made it before was 10 mins on WPA2. Looks like that did it.

bolden88

Reaction score
I can't get connected anymore. Had it working great then upgraded to BB 1.1. I am sure it is coincidental. How the heck do I get this to work. I go to advance on my laptop and switch to ad-hoc (peer to peer). I have tried both secure and unsecure. Someone please walk me through what you do.

Thanks

bolden88

Reaction score
What do you suggest changing the autopowermode setting to so it will activated when I ask it to? The range is 2 -30,000 and it defaults to 15. It did finally kick in out of no where last night. All of a sudden I heard the phone vibrate to let me know it was connected. Like I said the phone says it is tethering but the upload and download rates stay at 0.0 for both. WHen I look at the feeds on my laptop for that wireless network it shows the packets changing. Am I on the right trail to fix my wifi trouble?

nmos

Reaction score
In tiwlan.ini I changed:
AutoPowerModeDozeMode = 2 Was 3 This is which of the 2 doze modes it uses
AutoPowerModeActiveTh = 8 Was 15 This is how much traffic it takes to come out of doze
AutoPowerModeDozeTh = 4 Was 8 This is how little traffic it takes to go back to doze

As an experiment you could set dot11PowerMode = 1 (from 0) instead which would turn off the power management altogether but that would probably impact your battery more than what I've done.