1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wifi issues

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by 29castles, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 29castles

29castles New Member

So I just upgraded to the droid 2 (to be specific the r2d2) this past weekend and have already been having wifi problems. For a time, I would connect to my wifi network for a few minutes and then the phone would begin scanning again, disconnect from the network and reconnect. I would stay connected for shorter and shorter periods of time and now cannot connect at all. Any solutions?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  2. hatchetman208

hatchetman208 New Member

With my Droid 2 I can connect to my WiFi, atleast it says that I am, but I can't use anything that uses the internet nor can I browse files on my computer. It shows up and says it's WEP encrypted but when I select it it won't let me enter the WEP keys, it just askes for a password just like you would logging into windows... So I believe that a Droid 2 can't connect to WEP encrypted WiFi. I'm thinking about trying WPA or WPA2 to see if those work sometime tomorrow.
  3. rosem119

rosem119 New Member

My Droid 2 didn't like WEP at all. I changed the security on my router to WPA2 and it has stayed connected ever since.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App
  4. Indyultra

Indyultra New Member

Had same problem with D2G, used my Network Magic program to add a device, and it took the phone. Phone hasn't disconnected from it yet. I tried everything posted everywhere, nothing seemed to work until I tried that. I have a Dlink router. Might be worth trying. Download Network magic here, http://go.purenetworks.com/redir/click/download/nmsetup/
  5. hatchetman208

hatchetman208 New Member

I have a Linksys router but it doesn't run Linksys firmware, mine runs a custom DD-WRT firmware which gives me way more options like I can change my WiFi range to 10 feet or 400 feet.

WPA2 Pre-Shared Key useing WPA algorithms in TKIP mode with max users at 1 on G WiFi works PURFECTLY.
    I can now use my phone as a remote for my computer and browse the web on WiFi.
  6. tessa25

tessa25 New Member

I put the WEP key in the password. Works for me on Droid X.
  7. hatchetman208

hatchetman208 New Member

Maybe I did WEP wrong... I don't know. The Droid 2 WiFi settings are nothing like my old Omnia i900. On the Omnia I had to enter the WEP keys and the password and now on the Droid 2 it just askes for A password.