Wifi issues

SmD71nG

Reaction score
That's the first thing I change on my phone. Plus if that was on my wifi icon won't still be up top claiming full bars. Thanks for the suggestion though

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Ok to all that might be having audi issues with the droid x I think I might have figured it out. Check your peer 2 peer channel settings on your phone and router, make sure they match. My phone was set to channel 1 and it kept dropping signal every 20 minutes and giving me error messages and I was unable to activate or deactivate wifi at all. I changed my channel to what my routers channel is set at and also disabled the auto Ip function under the advance wifi menu and so far (past 3 hours) I have had a solid wifi connection. I will update this post when this has been tested more thoroughly the next few days. But so far so good. I hope it works because I am putting off using my skinomi cover and it is making me feel uneasy carrying it around.

Good luck guys.

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Update.

The channel fix doesn't help, it maintains a strong connection but there is something wrong in the setting where "always on" does not work. It still disconnects when screen is off. Really ****ing annoying. Called verizon for a new one, hopefully I wont get another dud.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
This was an issue with the D2 for a while too, but it kept turning on and off.

Have you looked at the encryption type your router is using? there might be an issue with that.

Also you said you were on stock 2.2. Are you on Android version 2.2 or 2.2.1, that might make a big difference. You should be on 2.2.1 by now, but if not you can flash the 2.3.340 SBF which will bring you up to android version 2.2.1. Might just be the fix you need.

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Im on 2.2.1

Wifi still seems to shut off when screen goes. Its just an annoyance. Cause I still use a dead app..gmote. so when im home it needs to be constant or else the entire set up is messed.

However my d1 is on 2.2.2 and for some reason its so much better than my X now...even though the screen is what makes me not want to quit it.

I also just put my skinomi cover on...and their replacement process is more annoying compared to ZAGGs

Last edited:

SmD71nG

Reaction score
Well i finally figured out the Wifi issue. It doesn't matter if the setting is changed to never off. It is pre-set within the system to shut off Wifi after 15minutes of inactivity. I found this under the power setting. Nothing I do can over rid this little annoyance.

I blame Motorola for having their way with the source code.

zblackbeast

Reaction score
So, my wifi suddenly stopped connecting. I've tried battery pulls, forgetting and reconnecting etc. Well, I installed an app called 'wifi analyzer' and I found out I need to change channels.. problem is wheni try to change the channel it says 'an error has occured and must force close app 'setting.moto....blah blah blah'... what's the dillio?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

NYCSean

Reaction score
maybe its your router? it usually happens to my netgear where you have to restart to get back to connecting via wifi. wired is usually fine. can any other phones/laptops/ something with wireless connect?

zblackbeast

Reaction score
Yes, all other laptops and other droids are fine. I can't connect to internect anywhere from my droid. Also, like I said when I go into advance setting and try to change the channel it force closes on me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

modestokid209

Reaction score
So my razr is havin wifi issuez. Itl connect for 2 seconds than itl dissconnect. Im using ez battery saver and i dont think thats the problem. Is anyone else having this kind of issue? Thank this is gettin annoying

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So my razr is havin wifi issuez. Itl connect for 2 seconds than itl dissconnect. Im using ez battery saver and i dont think thats the problem. Is anyone else having this kind of issue? Thank this is gettin annoying

It's hard to say what is causing the problem. I wouldn't discount easy battery saver though. You can always force close the battery saver and see if you continue to have the same issue. Another thing you can do is boot your phone into Safe Mode and run it that way for awhile and see if you're still dropping WiFi connection. If not then it is a good bet you have a 3rd Party app causing the problem. (Safe Mode allows all stock apps to run but will not allow any 3rd Party apps to run).

modestokid209

Reaction score
Ok ima try that. How do i accomplish that one? Never done it with this phone.

SallyC

Reaction score

If it's still doing it in Safe Mode I would try a different router. If you get one at Best Buy or Amazon you can return it easily enough if it doesn't solve your problem but I've seen more than a few of these problems be router related.