WiFi slow to wake/sleeps quickly

Modred189

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas:
I have a droid2, ota gb, rooted. It works fine in every regard EXCEPT, the Wifi.
When I am connected, it works fine, plenty fast and no connection consistency issues. However, if I let the phone go to sleep for longer than ~30 minutes or so, when I wake it up, the wifi does not automatically come back on, even if I start up a wifi-using app (browser, words with friends, etc). To get it back I have to go to settings>settings>wireless and networks>wifisettings at which point it turns on (without hitting anything else) and connects to the available wifi (happens at any location).

tyseft163

Reaction score
I have same trouble on DINC, with GB OTA, unrooted. quickest reset for me is to go to Power Widget and toggle wifi button. annoying. if i wasn't on unlimited data (grandfather) with Big Red, I'd be eating up data while sitting at home, without realizing it. Definitely a new problem after GB.

OP
Modred189

Modred189

Reaction score
Yea, that works for me too, but seems to take longer for the signal to fix. Argh.

tyseft163

Reaction score
i did a test last night. after getting home from work, i set the wifi sleep policy to NEVER (switch from wifi to mobile data) in Settings>Wireless and Networks>Wifi Settings> MENU press> Advanced>Wifi Sleep Policy. i thought this was available prior to GB and indicated when to switch when wifi was dead/not connecting. However, it seems to be just what it says now and if you set 15 min, it will dump wifi after 15 mins of connectivity even when wifi is still good signal. I guess this is OK, since i use the wifi toggle regularly anyway. worked for me all night last night.

OP
Modred189

Modred189

Reaction score
So this is just a known issue, not just me?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums