WiFi Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezywezel

Reaction score
My dad blocks me off my homes WiFi from 10PM-7AM is there anyway to get around this block? My dad has his own unique password/username for the router so I can't get on and unblock it through there. I'm not sure if he blocked my Mac address or just my internal ip... if there is some app that can get around this that would be great :) thanks in advance!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Obviously your father has implemented some rules in the household regarding internet use. Out of respect for your father's rules, I'm not sure you'll find the help you're looking for here regarding this specific issue you have. If you have any other questions regarding your phone we'll be happy to help though :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I will second the responses from both staff members above. Our forum is designed to provide assistance and support for users' phones, but where we draw the line is when the purposes are either illegal, immoral, or are an attempt to circumvent some other limitations legitimately placed on those phones by an authorized person or party. Another example of this would be if a member were trying to circumvent the security features placed on their company-issued (or previously authorized personal), phone, so they could use it for purposes other than those in agreement with their employment contract. By assisting such a member, we would become an accomplice to their activities - some which may ultimately be illegal depending on what their employment is, and that would put DroidForums.net and its parent company and associated members in a position of potential liability.

Your dad has placed restrictions on HIS WIFI, and since HE pays the bill, HE is the person whose name is on the contract and HE retains all rights as a result, and as well since you are a minor under his care and responsibility - you are only an authorized user to the extent that HE authorizes you, therefore we will not be assisting you in your attempts to bypass HIS right to restrict your use of HIS WIFI. I suggest you rethink your intentions and consider carefully the potential consequences if HE should discover you are either attempting to, or have successfully circumvented HIS right to place those limitations on you. The potential repercussions may be far worse than the restrictions HE has placed on you now, and you may regret it for quite a long time to come.

FoxKat, Super Moderator
DroidForums.net Staff

Closing this thread now...nothing to see here...move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.