Widget Listing Editor or Editing

dethanb

Reaction score
G'Day to you all... I'm a relative newbie to this Rooting, and editing, and so far I love it. I've done a few searches on this subject so if it has been answered in another thread, by all means, please direct me to the appropriate location.

I've removed "a lot" of files from the original ROM to make my life on this phone much more pleasant. Unfurtunately, I haven't removed all of the Widgets I'd like to remove as I get errors in my Widget Listings once I've moved certain widgets from the tray to a backup directory.

So, the question is: Is there a file I can edit in a text editor or freeware application that will allow me to remove the records from the Widget Listings so I can remove the widget apps from the /System/App/ directory and not have the errors in the widget listing?

(Does that make sense?)

Thank you,
~ David

thelopenator

Reaction score
Why don't you want widgets? If theyre not running it won't ruin your life on your phone.

Sent from my phone

OP
D

dethanb

Reaction score
I thought my original message may have been a bit confusing.

I "DO" want Widgets, just not all of them that come preinstalled on the phone. I'd like to remove some of the widgets (bloat) without having any errors in the Widget Listing section. So, if I were to remove the Latitude Widget, I don't want a "fail.00" or whatever the phone puts in its original place. I'd like to remove the widget from the device, and also edit the phone listing and remove the reference to the widget that has been removed.

Does this make more sense?