Wi-Fi Coming On After its been Turned Off

Archrage

Reaction score
Recently, i have added a power control widget to my droid's home screen. I know I have deactivated the Wi-Fi and i don't have any remembered networks on the phone, but randomly, i will turn it on to see the Wi-Fi activated. Has anyone else run into this problem or know how to make it stay turned off (hopefully without any extra apps or programs?

Thanks in advanced for the help. And if you need any more information, such as the apps I have installed, ask, and I'll post it, asap.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Recently, i have added a power control widget to my droid's home screen. I know I have deactivated the Wi-Fi and i don't have any remembered networks on the phone, but randomly, i will turn it on to see the Wi-Fi activated. Has anyone else run into this problem or know how to make it stay turned off (hopefully without any extra apps or programs?

Thanks in advanced for the help. And if you need any more information, such as the apps I have installed, ask, and I'll post it, asap.

Are you sure you're not just accidentally hitting the power on button? It doesn't take much to do it.

If that's not the case I'd get rid of the power control widget. If you must have a widget take a look at Beautiful Widgets. Yes, it cost about a buck (I think) but it's worth it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Nope. I have three networks "remembered" and power widget.

Mike

bennyj

Reaction score
You by chance don't have locale installed do ya? I have it installed and on occasion have turned off wifi, just to have locale turn it back on.

OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
You by chance don't have locale installed do ya? I have it installed and on occasion have turned off wifi, just to have locale turn it back on.

I do have it installed, but on most all of my situations, i have wi-fi specifically set to be turned off, along with bluetooth (which constantly stays off). I'll also check out that Beautiful Widgets thing.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue

I have locale as well. Any fixes for this, it's draining my battery quicker than normal.

Trish

bennyj

Reaction score
I have locale as well. Any fixes for this, it's draining my battery quicker than normal.

Trish

Make sure you have at least one profile set to turn it off. for example, if you have a profile called home set to turn wifi ON, make sure you have your default profile set to turn wifi OFF. That way if your not home it will be turned off by the defualt profile.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Thank you!

That was the information I was looking for. I've made the changes, hopefully it works! Thanks for your time.

Trish