Wi fi texting

lburley7

Reaction score
Is there an application for wi fi texting? I have verizon, but do not get service out at our house, but we do have wifi. Any suggestion

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ValkF6

Reaction score
My wife and I use Kik and like it. The downside is that you can only text with people who also use Kik. The upside is it's free.

shmoo

Reaction score
You can use something like AOL IM and send it to the persons phone number. It shows up on your end as an IM but as a txt to the other person....I've not tried it but I've heard of others that have.

scubadave

Reaction score
Yes you can use your gmail account. Have them text to your email account. Check the header and you will see where to text back to. I use it with my wife all the time and I can email back to her # at vtext.com for a verizon account. On my end it is an email, on her end it is a text.

OP
L

lburley7

Reaction score
Okay but if i want to text someone using my gmail how do i set that up?

scubadave

Reaction score
Okay but if i want to text someone using my gmail how do i set that up?

There is nothing to set up. If the person you are texting has a verizon phone, just send to their # @vtext.com if they are on another system ask them to text you via your gmail account ( your user [email protected]) they enter this rather than your phone #.

From the text they send, you can see the address you would use to text them via your gmail. You use this address as you would any email address.

SupperDroid

Reaction score
Line 2 allows text and voice over wifi. I use it all the time and it is perfect no delay. I do not have service at home, so when I get home a forward my phone to the Line 2 number and works perfect. Also call you make on Line 2 do not count against your minutes. It is $100 a year but well worth it for me to have cell service at home. iPhone VoIP App | Line2 WiFi / Cell: 2 Numbers on One Cell Phone