Visual Voice Mail and Wi Fi?

DocTauri

Reaction score
Ok, so I just got a droid, and have attached it to my home wireless network. I just got a pop-up on the screen telling me that

Visual Voice Mail cannot be refreshed with active Wi-Fi session. Please select an option below: (1) Turn off Wi-Fi and refresh, (2) Do not interrupt Wi-Fi session

Can someone explain why this would be?

Thanks,
Doc

xndzizz

Reaction score
your Droid needs to connect to verizon's CDMA 3g network in order to communication with the server that hosts your voicemails - while wifi is active it replaces the 3g connection (as it should!). until verizon makes their VM server accessible over wifi connection, it's going to remain an either/or situation.

cantamar

Reaction score
I encountered a problem with the visual voice mail not being heard throught my bluetooth. I have an old plantronics 640, my favorite bluetooth ever. I called Verizon today, got a cryptic message and a promise of a call-back. NADA. Anyone else have this problem?

cantamar

Reaction score
@ Darthkarl, thanks for the update. I posted on the active topics forum too. Talked to Verizon last night, got nowhere with a snippy, demeaning "tech". I guess they are under a little pressure...

Hope you are right about the updated software, all in all I really like the phone.