Wi-Fi battery usage

bunnyrio

Reaction score
How is it that even with all Wi-Fi settings turned off on my Razr, the Wi-Fi battery usage still registers at 27% of battery burn rate? It's burning more than the display, more than the OS....even while "turned off". Is there something running in the background that I am unaware of??

Thanks in advance,
BunnyRio sends

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How is it that even with all Wi-Fi settings turned off on my Razr, the Wi-Fi battery usage still registers at 27% of battery burn rate? It's burning more than the display, more than the OS....even while "turned off". Is there something running in the background that I am unaware of??

Thanks in advance,
BunnyRio sends

That's odd. You are saying that when you go to settings/wireless & Networks/wifi it is not checked?

If so, I would do a reboot and see if that helps. If it doesn't I would do a Factory Data Reset: These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. 4. Open the Market app and accept the market terms. 5. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 6. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

If the problem persists, I would contact Verizon as you will have a warranty issue.

OP
B

bunnyrio

Reaction score
Bayou....thanks for the reply it is much appreciated. I haven't yet implemented your recommendations. I am still in data collection mode on this issue. This can be one of two things....either the battery usage data is incorrect or there truly is a Wi-Fi logic problem that is causing "unusual" battery usage. Last night, with Wi-Fi on, my corresponding Wi-Fi battery usage was rated at 10 to 17%. Right now, with Wi-Fi turned off, the Wi-Fi battery usage registers at 24%. I will try the manual Reboot this evening to see what happens and will continue to monitor usage stats. Can you recommend a reputable battery usage app?

Any additional guidance would be welcome
Respectfully,
BunnyRio