Wi-Fi and Battery Usage. Strange

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I came off charger this AM at 100% and used wi-fi for maybe 30 minutes before leaving for work. (Llama turns it off when I leave the house.) Currently my wi-fi shows up as 3rd used under battery with 3 plus hours of use. By every indiciation it is turned off though.

Am I missing something?

geoff5093

Reaction score
I came off charger this AM at 100% and used wi-fi for maybe 30 minutes before leaving for work. (Llama turns it off when I leave the house.) Currently my wi-fi shows up as 3rd used under battery with 3 plus hours of use. By every indiciation it is turned off though.

Am I missing something?
Are you sure that the WiFi was disabled? It will still count towards time used even if the device is off, but WiFi is left on.

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Are you sure that the WiFi was disabled? It will still count towards time used even if the device is off, but WiFi is left on.

xzhue.png

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
It is still climbing even after a reboot but CPU total time is 0s. Does that mean anything?

Xatt

Reaction score
What happens if you just turn off Wi-Fi or use a SmartAction setting vs. Llama to disable Wi-Fi?

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
What happens if you just turn off Wi-Fi or use a SmartAction setting vs. Llama to disable Wi-Fi?

By every indication it turned off but was still showing as an active battery user.

I charged overnight and the problem seems to be gone. I did disable Lllama as most of what I was using it for I don't think I really need anymore.

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
IDK it is now registering over an hour of use and counting. I was on wi-fi for less than 20 minutes this AM before shutting it off and leaving the house.

OP
Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
OK, so it came back this afternoon but I think I might know what is going on.

I adjusted my home smart action late morning (which includes enabling wi-fi at home) and after this it started to register wi-fi usage. The smart action was ready but not active and wi-fi was off. Wi-fi climbed to 7% usage. I disabled the smart action and wi-fi stopped registering further use in battery.

I have a call into support.

rally25rs

Reaction score
Yep, I have the same behavior. In the "Quick Settings" I have WiFi set to Off. I had the phone charged to 100%, then unplugged it from the charger. The next morning, the device battery usage screen showed I had been off the charger for 23hrs. It also showed WiFi usage as the #2 item, at 23hrs of usage. The WiFi had been off the entire time. I'd love to know if this is just a glitch with the battery status program, or if the WiFi is not actually disabled and is sucking battery.

war88

Reaction score
If you have smart actions enabled, it uses Wi-Fi to determine your location even when it have it set to off. In smart actions settings there's the option to disable "Motorola Location Services" which should help. If you have any smart actions that are based on location as triggers then those won't work properly however.