Why the X?

OP
L

lemodular

Reaction score
Well, there hasn't been many negative review or comment in this thread. Maybe because I ask this in the DX section. I tried to ask a similar question in the Pro section and got nowhere. For that, I am already a fan of the X...and yes I think they should have named it something else...what's next, X2? At least they didn't call it the Droid HD.

I agree that the X's virtual keyboard is very good esp. in portrait mode. I played with Pro's keyboard and it's not bad either. Not a fan of the plastic body or the chrome trim around the Pro (but that's personal). The X is very "masculine" so I am surprised of the women that chimed in, but thank them very much for their perspectives as I am looking for my wife.

The X is rootable and themable which is a huge plus for me.

Janet1025

Reaction score
Well, there hasn't been many negative review or comment in this thread. Maybe because I ask this in the DX section. I tried to ask a similar question in the Pro section and got nowhere. For that, I am already a fan of the X...and yes I think they should have named it something else...what's next, X2? At least they didn't call it the Droid HD.

I agree that the X's virtual keyboard is very good esp. in portrait mode. I played with Pro's keyboard and it's not bad either. Not a fan of the plastic body or the chrome trim around the Pro (but that's personal). The X is very "masculine" so I am surprised of the women that chimed in, but thank them very much for their perspectives as I am looking for my wife.

Since you are looking for wife, I will tell you my downfall
*WARNING*
Getting the X may be hazardous to your marriage... I CANNOT put this BEAUTY down and my husband is getting really annoyed with me!!!!!!!

I had the Blackberry for a year then got bored with it eagerly waited the release of the Pro.. I have never ever brought a phone back-- narrow, daily connection server error messages, poor grainy pic quality, poor bluetooth connnection, battery, and poor call quality- throughout the conversation people's voices would all of a sudden become gargled and scratchy.....
Im grateful I got the Pro though otherwise I would have never been willing to try the X and take the leap to Digital keyboard( I was anti digital) I laugh now three weeks later I do it with one hand-and I have small hands and this phone is PERFECT!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Rocko

Reaction score

Since you are looking for wife, I will tell you my downfall
*WARNING*
Getting the X may be harzardous to your marriage... I CANNOT put this BEAUTY down and my husband is getting really annoyed with me!!!!!!!

I had the Blackberry for a year then got bored with it eagerly waited the release of the Pro.. I have never ever brought a phone back-- narrow, daily connection server error messages, poor grainy pic quality, poor bluetooth connnection, battery, and poor call quality- throughout the conversation people's voices would all of a sudden become gargled and scratchy.....
Im grateful I got the Pro though otherwise I would have never been willing to try the X and take the leap to Digital keyboard( I was anti digital) I laugh now three weeks later I do it with one hand-and I have small hands and this phone is PERFECT!!!!

GOOD LUCK!

My wife and I had the 'phone people' talk. We see many couple buried in their phones all over the place. They would rather post Facebook updates than talk to each other. We gave ourselves a week to have fun and get use to it.

Best phone I have ever had.