I am thinking of trading the Droid 2 for the X

GThree

Reaction score
Swype trumps everything when it comes to texting. I'm one speedy texts frb. I thought I'd die without my keyboard on the D1 cuz I could text while drivin, but when I stop at a light I swype like a champ. Besides the screen is bigger and you big thumb ppl can use it easily. The D2 is a good phone, but the X is by far the best imo. I have a friend with the Incredible and he' hates the fact the X came out and he can't get it. lol DX ftw :icon_ banana:

DaveJustDave

Reaction score
Supposedly the Droid 2 keyboard is much improved over D1. I originally switched from an iPhone 3GS to the D1, and for months didn't use the keyboard because I kept forgetting it had one.

In june, I found the physical keyboard indispensable, and worried about having to deal without it on the DX. If only someone would make a DX with slideout keyboard. I'd gladly deal with the extra heft and size.

However I was very surprised at the usability of the keyboard on the DX - in fact I type faster and more accurately on it since the onscreen keyboard is multitouch and its physically larger due to the larger screen. With swype enabled, that cut my text entry time in half.

The only drawback is that in landscape mode, the keyboard and input field takes up the entire screen, so you really have no context as to where you're entering the text unless you remember.

OP
G

glucar

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Droid Pro will have a qwerty?

ccomengee86

Reaction score
Please don't ****ing text while driving. If you must do so, pull over or wait for a stop light and use the speech-to-text or something.

To OP,
stop by VZW store tomorrow and try it for yourself.

mvanz

Reaction score
However I was very surprised at the usability of the keyboard on the DX - in fact I type faster and more accurately on it since the onscreen keyboard is multitouch and its physically larger due to the larger screen. With swype enabled, that cut my text entry time in half.

The only drawback is that in landscape mode, the keyboard and input field takes up the entire screen, so you really have no context as to where you're entering the text unless you remember.

Agreed.

I came from BB Curve and I worried about the lack of a keyboard. After a few minutes with the X, worries disappeared.

I also found the speech-to-text to be extremely accurate and very helpful. So you have multi-touch, Swype, and Speech-to-text. With all those options, I doubt you'll miss the physical keyboard much.