why no 4.2.2 or 4.3 update

Reaction score
I just think its pretty crappy that those of us with the RAZR HD are still running 4.1.2, Motorola is now owned by Google and we still are given the shaft... its sad to see that Samsung and HTC devices get the updates and here we are still waiting. in my opinion I don't think we will and will be stuck with 4.1.2.....

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
your doing better than me, my rmhd is still on 4.1.2 :(

JohnFH

Reaction score
My rmhd is working well on 4.1.2. It would be great to get 4.3, but I'm not expecting it. When I upgrade in 10 months, I'm planning to buy a phone released with Android 5.0.

KaChow

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is we have last years device line. I blame the lack of these updates on Verizon, Google, and Motorola. It's simple these 3 companies want to make money and more money, so they launch a new device line. The goal is to sell new devices and our older phone goes into the Limited maintenance program.

What I find surprising is that Google will launch these next 4 devices on 4.2.2, while other manufacturers are updating to 4.3. Which it seems obvious that Googlerola cares more about its competition instead of their own brand.

I don't expect much from Verizon, Google, or Motorola with my RMHD. It would be nice to have 4.2.2 Kernel, but as for expectations, I am holding the last Motorola device with Expandable SD card storage and Unlocked Boot loader device.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

jimmythegent

Reaction score
The fact of the matter is we have last years device line. I blame the lack of these updates on Verizon, Google, and Motorola. It's simple these 3 companies want to make money and more money, so they launch a new device line. The goal is to sell new devices and our older phone goes into the Limited maintenance program.

What I find surprising is that Google will launch these next 4 devices on 4.2.2, while other manufacturers are updating to 4.3. Which it seems obvious that Googlerola cares more about its competition instead of their own brand.

I don't expect much from Verizon, Google, or Motorola with my RMHD. It would be nice to have 4.2.2 Kernel, but as for expectations, I am holding the last Motorola device with Expandable SD card storage and Unlocked Boot loader device.:thumbup:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

LOL, and this is on your tag:

"Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives."

And who care about 4.2? For what? To make the phone slower? More buggier? I rather keep what I have, keep my fingers crossed that software specifically for this line up comes out and reduces lag by even 30% and I would be happy!

OP
alafferty82081
Reaction score
Glad your phone runs smooth, I don't see how with the same 1 GB ram I have... the fact of the matter is that 4.2.2 is supposed to be optimized to use less ram meaning a faster all around experience, so to me that sounds a lot better than a phone that run smooth MOST of the time.

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Glad your phone runs smooth, I don't see how with the same 1 GB ram I have... the fact of the matter is that 4.2.2 is supposed to be optimized to use less ram meaning a faster all around experience, so to me that sounds a lot better than a phone that run smooth MOST of the time.

This phone ran smooth for a week, then once you started downloading apps and customizing it, it all went down hill. I bought it due to the reviews, and honestly, I truly feel if they reviewed it for over a week (downloading, etc) they would not have praised it as much, just the battery.

This phone really is "good" but not like how they hyped it. Just now my phone went off for a calendar event and scared the hell out of me it was so loud, despite me putting the volume down to 20%, you have to go into settings, then to volumes, then individually set ALL 5 volumes. What??? Really???

Its also slower than a snail today, again. Its past the return policy, but I have insurance on it, but its a 100 dollar deductible and I am really considering a "smash Youtube Video" on it to let out my frustration, this thing today is a piece of crap :(

I can only hope that there is some serious update coming soon, or this thing will be updated to the ground!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
My phone runs fine. Hardly ever lags.
Especially with a different launcher.
Johnny, your phone is still under warranty and as such you could get a FREE replacement. You don't have to pay. If it's broken and I am quite sure yours is.

And I certainly wouldn't count us out on 4.2 yet.

OP
alafferty82081
Reaction score
Yes my phone runs very smooth as well, but I get the stutter now and then on the stock launcher, I don't think I should have to install a launcher for my phone to run smooth all the time that should happen straight out the box...not to mention that the camera is very erratic and terrible in low light.....it should take good shots in all conditions all the time..but to each his own.....

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
This phone ran smooth for a week, then once you started downloading apps and customizing it, it all went down hill. I bought it due to the reviews, and honestly, I truly feel if they reviewed it for over a week (downloading, etc) they would not have praised it as much, just the battery.

This phone really is "good" but not like how they hyped it. Just now my phone went off for a calendar event and scared the hell out of me it was so loud, despite me putting the volume down to 20%, you have to go into settings, then to volumes, then individually set ALL 5 volumes. What??? Really???

Its also slower than a snail today, again. Its past the return policy, but I have insurance on it, but its a 100 dollar deductible and I am really considering a "smash Youtube Video" on it to let out my frustration, this thing today is a piece of crap :(

I can only hope that there is some serious update coming soon, or this thing will be updated to the ground!

i wish you would do it soon, then we wont have to see you complain about it in 90% of the post you make.
really getting old!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't think I should have to install a launcher for my phone to run smooth all the time that should happen straight out the box...

OMG. Where is the FacePalm smiley?
Jimmy said the same thing when I told him to try a different Launcher.
Reasons for installing a new Launcher isn't JUST to try and fix what Moto didn't do right. It is to add FEATURES. New Launchers are FUN to try. THey offer customizations out of the box that Moto does not.
Different animations as you switch between screens.
The ability to download different themes and icon sets to really make your phone your own. To make it ook EXACTLY the way you want.
You can get Launchers that make your phone look SO radically different your friends will say "who makes that phone? Doesn't look like Android".
Check this one out:
[video=youtube;Gh2aJSXnLGk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh2aJSXnLGk[/video]
It is FUN trying different launchers. Different dialer apps. Different SMS apps. This is what makes Android SO great.
Look how pretty this one is:
[video=youtube;Nf3U3tz95Ps]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf3U3tz95Ps[/video]

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Don't be afraid to try them. You uninstall and BAM you're back to your old (tired) Moto screen. You cannot brick your phone.
Live a little. ;)

jimmythegent

Reaction score
i wish you would do it soon, then we wont have to see you complain about it in 90% of the post you make.
really getting old!

Being on the negative side isn't bad. It balances out the equilibrium.

Let me ask you. If you were programming this phone before it launched. Would it make sense TO YOU that when someone lowers the physical volume rocker that ALL sounds follow suit. Yes or no?

I create things and have them manufactured in China. My own name brand. Its called using the brains we were given. The thing is you see is that once maybe a "small" thing like this volume control occurs one tends to see it as a screaming problem on other things.

This phone is "good". A three outta five star phone.

It was adequately made with three only strong point being battery life.

For a SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLAR item one has the right to complain and make remarks.

Truth be told I like it. But not crazy about it any more

If you guys want me to leave and never come back just say so.

Nothing wrong with complaining in the hopes someone is listening