Razr M Update 4.2.2

KaChow

Reaction score
We are Getting an Update, looks like 4.2.2

I am going to post this here so that it gets around and everyone can have a chance to read it. Basically, we are going to get an update which it looks like the latest version of JB that the Nexus devices are running which is 4.2.2. It seems the newer devices like the Atrix 2, Atrix HD, Razr HD, Maxx HD and Razr M are going to be getting this latest update. The article you can find here, just click on this long sentence.

For those of us like me, that not only have Root, but an Unlocked Bootloader, I would not advise updating once this update is released, we simply do not know if it will terminate root or worse destroy the unlocked bootloader. We do have many excellent developers that manipulate the update into a version for us to use, so please take the safe route, let the Dev's apply their talents and create something for us to use from the update.

lwags67

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of better/new items. Wish it would roll out soon!

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Didn't expect another update, honestly. I think I'll wait on this one to see the reviews before I take it. I like the phone as it is now. The camera works great now and I hate to see it get %^%ed up.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Still curious what your "source" is? According to your website you are just guessing here, basically.
This "report" is based on the fact that Moto has updated this phone in the past?
I have no doubt this phone will get 4.2 as will every RAZR. This is currently Moto's BEST phone line available to VZW customers. It just makes sense for them to update it, especially since the X phone isn't coming until fall.

tag610

Reaction score
When you say "destroy the unlocked bootloader", does that mean it will re-lock it or will it brick our phones?

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Keep in mind of course, as no update has as of yet, been released. But, the general idea is that the update would at best re-lock our phones. When the update is released the recommendation is not to take it, if you are unlocked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD from Tapatalk 2

Brightonbrad

Reaction score
Still curious what your "source" is? According to your website you are just guessing here, basically.
This "report" is based on the fact that Moto has updated this phone in the past?
I have no doubt this phone will get 4.2 as will every RAZR. This is currently Moto's BEST phone line available to VZW customers. It just makes sense for them to update it, especially since the X phone isn't coming until fall.

^This. Seems like an attention grab

Sent from my XT907

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Also not a reliable source. Anyone can 'fake a tweet'.

Did you read the replies to that post?

"Complete bull. They already gave $100 vouchers to Atrix 2 owners because they aren't getting JB. But this site says they will be getting 4.2? How can you guys believe that garbage?"

But wait! There's more!
When you click on the link in that first post that says "SOURCE" it takes you where???
Back to Kachow's website!!!

Come on, man, You are totally spreading rumors trying to drive traffic to your website.

Again, common sense tells us the entire current RAZR line should get 4.2, and I will make a bold prediction here: we will get KLP, too, and that will be our final update. Google is treading carefully here and does not want to piss off all the current Moto owners...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can discuss the validity of the article all we want (respectfully) - but I can say with pretty good certainty that the epiblog.in post is NOT KaChow's website. :)

Plus, the underlying point of the OP is to just be careful with any OTA's that may (or may not!) come out on the Moto devices that have had their bootloader's unlocked - as it's probable the OTA will patch that up.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As jntdroid said, validity of an article is ALWAYS debatable, heck, we're debating the validity of many other far more pressing issues in this country and globally so why get so bent over an article about phones? However, I do want to tell everyone that the direct attacks will not be tolerated. Ours is a family-friendly site, one where mutual respect and admiration is held as a priority. If you disagree, disagree, but don't take the next step to attempt to discredit or smear the other party. We're all grabbing for new and exciting information, and some of us are very interested in helping others with useful information and so will post here. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I will be monitoring this thread ongoing, so please play nice.

Carry on.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Let me remind everyone personal attacks will not be tolerated on the forum.... I've cleaned up thread.. Next one will be infractions...

N2 Tap'd

lwags67

Reaction score
Thanks. I had my own thread about 6 weeks ago where I posted what I saw on the internet. Comments were less than kind. Sort of like email. You don't really appreciate how things are coming across.