Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Will Skip Android 4.2.2 and Go Straight to 4.3

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy_Note_2-lying-flat-with-stylus.jpg

According to the Australian carrier Telstra, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will not be receiving the Android 4.2.2 update. Luckily there is no reason to fret though. The reason for this is because it will be skipping that version and will instead go straight to Android 4.3. Here's a quote from the carrier on the subject,

"Samsung have elected globally to skip the 4.2.2 update for this device and will instead go to a newer version of Android. No schedule has been provided for this update."

Although this has not been officially confirmed by Samsung, we have been hearing rumors that several Samsung devices will go this route. It's great to see a third party pseudo-confirmation of this. We will keep you updated as soon as it becomes official!

Source: Telstra

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
"You know that 4.2.2 update you've been waiting for? Yeah, we're not going to do that. But you'll get 4.3. At some unspecified point. Eventually"

But honestly, at this point OS updates are kind of overrated. I probably wouldn't notice 90%+ of it. The main thing is the software updates, and you don't need the latest Android for that.

Although Google could do so much more with context/smart settings. And an integrated messaging widget - that's the most glaringly ignored feature. There are 3rd party apps, but they require constant hacks as Google cranks-up security and locks the API.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Let's hope it is sooner rather than much later...

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
As soon as the international base has it ..root users will have it ..don't need ya big red...bwahahah

N2 tap'd HD

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
But honestly, at this point OS updates are kind of overrated. I probably wouldn't notice 90%+ of it. The main thing is the software updates, and you don't need the latest Android for that.

Agreed. The jump to ICS was pretty epic. JB was another nice bump just not as crazy. Now the .2's or the .3's dont get me that fired up.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Haha ..leave us peeps alone ..chant begins...lol

Can you hear me now ?

N2 tap'd HD