Why is this phone given such horrible reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricks

Reaction score
The fascinate is just a decent phone, but the droid X is a better phone. I did slot of research before getting my next phone and wanted the best. more people like the X over the fascinate. Just let it go and enjoy what you have.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Steeeler

Reaction score
The fascinate is just a decent phone, but the droid X is a better phone. I did slot of research before getting my next phone and wanted the best. more people like the X over the fascinate. Just let it go and enjoy what you have.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Dude, we got it. Enough already. You win, you have the best phone.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Lol ok kid... I'm done here...enjoy your paper weight...

Swyped via Fascinate.

Don't let facts get in the way of opinion.......
My phone is a year old and on par with your (relatively) new phone, will the Galaxy S be on par with the new $600 phones a year after release? I highly doubt it.

Hell the MT3G came out a few MONTHS before the Droid and the Droid destroys it on every benchmark, literally doubling/tripling it. The Galaxy S isn't enough better than a year old device to warrant better reviews. PERIOD.

I have to answer this. The Galaxy S will be on par with phones in a years time. If you even bother following the fine folks over at XDA working on the Galaxy S line they have made some SERIOUS progress these past few days. In particular this: Latest Galaxy S Overclock to 1.6 GHz (Vibrant) Sees FPS Unlock Achieving 78.0, Breaks 3K on Quadrant | Android Phone Fans

Once the devs get everything all cozy and sweet ALL U.S. Galaxy S phones will have this going on. It will be on par with most of the devices released within the next few months. I dare say it may even be close in performance to the Tegra 2 phones coming out. Not to mention what the Galaxy Tab will be like once it gets this treatment. So yeah. You can upgrade to your Verizon iPhone while the rest of the Android faithful will be rockin' Galaxy S beasts or Tegra 2 Cortex A9 dual core monsters. Have fun with that!

Oooh one other question. When you get your Verizon iPhone sans LTE as well as being hardware identical to the current iPhone 4. Will the same question apply to you? You know the whole will your 1 year old iPhone be on par with the top of the line Android / WP7 handsets? Just wondering is all.

Mrdanks

Reaction score
Exactly just let it go... The fascinate is far superior... End of subject...

Swyped via Fascinate.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As an Inc owner I would get the Fascinate over the X in a heart beat. Tiny differences here and there make me prefer the Fascinate.
Who is faster, shinier, whatever make no difference to me. I just prefer the looks and feel of it. To me the Fascinate looks like what they wish they had done with the X but released about a month too soon before they finished refining it

wified from a monolith using a slider

ricks

Reaction score
Dude, the longer you admit it, the better you will feel. If the facinate was or could be a better phone, I would have bought it. The fascinate only reminds me of an iphone which I hate by the way. I have not read one review that says the fascinate is a better phone. END OF SUBJECT

Mrdanks

Reaction score
CNET reviews... Fascinate > droid x.
I love this phone... Have phone with your locked boot loader lol... Moto fail...

Swyped via Fascinate.

ricks

Reaction score
As an Inc owner I would get the Fascinate over the X in a heart beat. Tiny differences here and there make me prefer the Fascinate.
Who is faster, shinier, whatever make no difference to me. I just prefer the looks and feel of it. To me the Fascinate looks like what they wish they had done with the X but released about a month too soon before they finished refining it

wified from a monolith using a slider

The Fascinate feels and looks like a cheap plastic. the droid X has a solid sturdy feel.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^How about this.....

And an unlocked bootloader makes it a better phone? Some ppl think the only thing better about the X is the bigger screen....ppl talk about the Fascinate being better in performance...ppl say the X has a sorry camera...

How about to get that performance you have to root and do the lag fix just for it to be as smooth, faster than other current phones?

How about the GPS issues?

How is the reception?

How is the call quality?

How is the video recording audio?

Sorry excuse for a camera?:

Post pictures you have taken with your Droid X - Android Forums

The Incredible, X, iPhone 4 and Galaxy S phones all take real good pics. So good that it would be hard to say which is better. I would give the nod to the Galaxy S line for low light pics vs. the X.

The Fascinate is a decent phone, the X is a decent phone. Some will prefer one over the other. Is the Fascinate a "far superior" phone as some ppl claim vs. the X? No. Most ppl claim that cuz of the cpu, gpu and unlocked bootloader. These phones are more than just the cpu, gpu and bootloaders. Just for the lag fix alone means its not far superior.

Cuz you have to root it to perform like or outperform another phone stock....

For a better, smoother experience on the X....download Launcher Pro or ADW.

For a better. smoother experience on the Fascinate....root and do a lag fix.

The Galaxy S line vs. the X has a better cpu...slightly, a better camera...slightly due to low light pics, and a better gpu by alot. Those things I will say are facts. Everything else will be preference. I dont even wanna get started on Amoled vs. LCD.

What is the fastest Android phone? – Android and Me

Now when you look at the cons for the Galaxy S line...I dont see it being far superior to the X. I will take the pros and the cons of the X over the pros and cons of the Fascinate.

Now if one wanted to say a far superior phone after rooting, then I will agree somewhat with the Galaxy S line being it. Far superior than the Droid 1, I will agree to that too. But out the box....the X and other current phones can hold their own against the Galaxy S line.

UNC made a point about the reviews and the general public. Thats who will dictate the sales. And for the general public the lag issue and the GPS issues might be huge deal breakers.

Last edited:

ricks

Reaction score
Lol that's ther best you can come back with? Fail.

Swyped via Fascinate.

This is all I need to come back with, nothing but the facts. just get over it, you have a phone that is not as good as the Droid X. Why cant you just bekieve what you read and see.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Ok guys this thread has run it's course : )

The scorecard's have been tallied and the winner is....................................DRAW!!!

Lets close this one down

Status
Not open for further replies.