Why is there lag with Android phones, and not the iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do none of those (on purpose) to my Dinc.

you know you might be the luckiest consumer on the planet? your android phones don't lag, your PCs don't require antivirus and you get twice the download speeds when you use the throttle mod. I can't argue with you, man. I have no reason to accuse you of lying, let's just say I'm skeptical. I don't think I've ever seen you once concede that anything could possibly be wrong with android haha...when a quick google search shows that plenty of people have complaints. Do you shop at a special store where they only stock 100% working, no chance of any issues, merchandise?

My tbolt do not lag either. And lets not treat apple like the made the greatest device in the world. There are chinks in the apple armor. I think apple makes the best hardware and because they have one design and one os going through them they can test and ensure their os works great with their product. But I also saw the ipad 2 show checkerboards when loading up a page over and over again. My tbolt with single core does not checkerboard, even my d1 do not checkerboard but a dual core ipad does. Look this do not take anything away from the ipad because in reality whi cares, just wait an extra second for the page to load up. I really do not see the point in the constant back and forth between apple and android. They both make great products. Sto trying to make one seem inferior to the other. Unless you are drawing a check from google or apple I do not see the need to be on any forum wasting time saying why one product is better than the other. There are things android does better than ios and vice versa. If you want an iphone get one and enjoy it, if you want android get it and enjoy it. Buy the device YOU want and enjoy it. If you looking over at the next device trying to find what it does not do to make you feel good about your purchase then you probably should not have bought the product in the first place because you will always find something that one device does better than the other. I can find something that a free flip phone does better than iphone and android. So lets move on.

i have not and will never say that apple makes the greatest devices in the world. I'm just responding to the question posed in this thread. "Why is there lag with android and not iphone". There's a reason why. It's not an opinion it's not a supposition, it's a clear reason why lag exists on android. That's all I'm saying. Trust me, there is plenty wrong with ios/iphone that I don't like but software/hardware optimization is not one of them.

gsdreams

Reaction score
I have one big question. Why does it matter? Truly, why does it matter?

The average end user isn't going to care that it takes .5 seconds longer at times to load a screen on a non-rooted android phone over the iphone.

The people here are not going to care because they are optimizing there phones to eliminate it.

In reality why does it matter? Lag is not going to make a person decide iPhone over Android.

Things like Adobe Flash or Itunes, etc... is why a person will choose one over the other, not things like a .5 or 1 second occasionally lag switching screens.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you know you might be the luckiest consumer on the planet? your android phones don't lag, your PCs don't require antivirus and you get twice the download speeds when you use the throttle mod. I can't argue with you, man. I have no reason to accuse you of lying, let's just say I'm skeptical. I don't think I've ever seen you once concede that anything could possibly be wrong with android haha...when a quick google search shows that plenty of people have complaints. Do you shop at a special store where they only stock 100% working, no chance of any issues, merchandise?

My tbolt do not lag either. And lets not treat apple like the made the greatest device in the world. There are chinks in the apple armor. I think apple makes the best hardware and because they have one design and one os going through them they can test and ensure their os works great with their product. But I also saw the ipad 2 show checkerboards when loading up a page over and over again. My tbolt with single core does not checkerboard, even my d1 do not checkerboard but a dual core ipad does. Look this do not take anything away from the ipad because in reality whi cares, just wait an extra second for the page to load up. I really do not see the point in the constant back and forth between apple and android. They both make great products. Sto trying to make one seem inferior to the other. Unless you are drawing a check from google or apple I do not see the need to be on any forum wasting time saying why one product is better than the other. There are things android does better than ios and vice versa. If you want an iphone get one and enjoy it, if you want android get it and enjoy it. Buy the device YOU want and enjoy it. If you looking over at the next device trying to find what it does not do to make you feel good about your purchase then you probably should not have bought the product in the first place because you will always find something that one device does better than the other. I can find something that a free flip phone does better than iphone and android. So lets move on.

i have not and will never say that apple makes the greatest devices in the world. I'm just responding to the question posed in this thread. "Why is there lag with android and not iphone". There's a reason why. It's not an opinion it's not a supposition, it's a clear reason why lag exists on android. That's all I'm saying. Trust me, there is plenty wrong with ios/iphone that I don't like but software/hardware optimization is not one of them.

Seriously go play with a tbolt and tell me where you find that it lags. I am still trying to find the lag. Really it does not lag at all. Now where it does come up short is with the battery life and the sound loudness, compared to my d2. But though I am rooted I am running a stock rom and with sense my phone does not lag at all. I am rooted so I can use tibu to freeze apps, and set cpu for screen off profiles.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

The average end user isn't going to care that it takes .5 seconds longer at times to load a screen on a non-rooted android phone over the iphone.

The people here are not going to care because they are optimizing there phones to eliminate it.

In reality why does it matter? Lag is not going to make a person decide iPhone over Android.

Things like Adobe Flash or Itunes, etc... is why a person will choose one over the other, not things like a .5 or 1 second occasionally lag switching screens.

well it does matter to those who don't optimize there phones by rooting and overclocking, which is 99+% of android users.

if i never rooted my D1 I have no doubt that I would have switched to the iPhone haha...no chance I would stick with a stock 550 with no overclocking and no ROMing...so I can understand the frustration that some might have if they dont want to void their warranty to make their phone perform well.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually there is one thing about the tbolt that I actually hate with a passion. It takes way too long for it to go in and out of airplane mode.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Seriously go play with a tbolt and tell me where you find that it lags. I am still trying to find the lag. Really it does not lag at all. Now where it does come up short is with the battery life and the sound loudness, compared to my d2. But though I am rooted I am running a stock rom and with sense my phone does not lag at all. I am rooted so I can use tibu to freeze apps, and set cpu for screen off profiles.

I have played with every android device available on verizon including the XOOM, both in store and through friends and they've all lagged. and to be clear (again), that doesn't mean they were unusable. But there is lag, especially if comparing it to the iphone. I'm not just saying stuff to say stuff...

Of course, like I said, there is the minute possibility that the phones that I play with, every single one of them, was a dud or had some runaway app installed on them, but I'm just going to assume that the odds of that are slim...

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
@PC747

Tbolt, yay or nay? If you could chose any device... still same choice? Just curious. How bad on the battery... like bad... or epic failure?

{{ WugFresh }}

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
You do, and overclocking doesn't get rid of it.

You just don't recognize it because you are used to it, that's all.

Wow what a weird way of telling someone their eyes don't work. So far we've got denial & too stupid to understand what we're talking about... How typical.

I'll just leave it to the devices I've owned & exclude the ones I've tinkered with for friends or in passing as it is a mixed bag where I don't know everything that is going on.

Stock non-rooted D1 = oh lawd yes.
Stock non-rooted Dinc = no

I have to own a device to see that it lags? That's pretty awesome. You must return a lot of purchased goods at your house since viewing it at the store before purchase couldnt possibly tell the entire story...And I assume by "where I don't know everything that is going on" you mean "I haven't had a chance to root, overclock it and clear its cache so it'll perform correctly", right? Or did you mean something else? If so, I'd love to know what...

So far we've got "hardware/software interaction doesn't matter, my phone does not lag" and "you can't tell if a phone lags without owning it"...how t̶y̶p̶i̶c̶a̶l̶...bizarre.

...No I said I would leave *my* opinions to the devices I own. I don't care if you base your truths on limited interactions. Leave my household out of your generalizations as you should prefer I do the same.

You assumed wrong; no to not mod it at all. I meant walking into a store & playing with a set for 20 minutes that 2 dozen clowns have put half the market apps on doesn't tell me what it's like out of the box.

Who said hardware/software interactions don't matter?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

I have access to a stock TB and at times it does lag.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually there is one thing about the tbolt that I actually hate with a passion. It takes way too long for it to go in and out of airplane mode.

Well, that I dont know about...never tried it lol

b-jammin21

Reaction score

I agree. For those that REALLY care that much then there are 2 options:

1. Buy an iPhone
2. Root your Android device

gsdreams

Reaction score

well it does matter to those who don't optimize there phones by rooting and overclocking, which is 99+% of android users.

if i never rooted my D1 I have no doubt that I would have switched to the iPhone haha...no chance I would stick with a stock 550 with no overclocking and no ROMing...so I can understand the frustration that some might have if they dont want to void their warranty to make their phone perform well.

Ok, the D1, Eris, etc... might be slow. But so is the Citrus (which is selling well), the Vortex, and the Ally.

Personally I have a D2 Global and I don't root. I also won't switch to an iPhone because I have more capabilities for my purposes in my Droid2.

99% of users will still not make a decision based on a split second lag between screens.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow what a weird way of telling someone their eyes don't work. So far we've got denial & too stupid to understand what we're talking about... How typical.

I'll just leave it to the devices I've owned & exclude the ones I've tinkered with for friends or in passing as it is a mixed bag where I don't know everything that is going on.

Stock non-rooted D1 = oh lawd yes.
Stock non-rooted Dinc = no

I have to own a device to see that it lags? That's pretty awesome. You must return a lot of purchased goods at your house since viewing it at the store before purchase couldnt possibly tell the entire story...And I assume by "where I don't know everything that is going on" you mean "I haven't had a chance to root, overclock it and clear its cache so it'll perform correctly", right? Or did you mean something else? If so, I'd love to know what...

So far we've got "hardware/software interaction doesn't matter, my phone does not lag" and "you can't tell if a phone lags without owning it"...how t̶y̶p̶i̶c̶a̶l̶...bizarre.

...No I said I would leave *my* opinions to the devices I own. I don't care if you base your truths on limited interactions. Leave my household out of your generalizations as you should prefer I do the same.

You assumed wrong; no to not mod it at all. I meant walking into a store & playing with a set for 20 minutes that 2 dozen clowns have put half the market apps on doesn't tell me what it's like out of the box.

Who said hardware/software interactions don't matter?

So installing apps causes lag? Ok...that's not exactly selling your point. I can install 20 apps on the iphone and it's not going to suddenly have lag. The fact that you've conceded that that's possible on an android device says something...no?

Who said "too stupid to understand what we're talking about"? You can deduce and extrapolate but when someone else does it the dramatics come out?

Last edited by a moderator:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ok, the D1, Eris, etc... might be slow. But so is the Citrus (which is selling well), the Vortex, and the Ally.

Personally I have a D2 Global and I don't root. I also won't switch to an iPhone because I have more capabilities for my purposes in my Droid2.

99% of users will still not make a decision based on a split second lag between screens.

And I agree. I will never understand why any discussion involving the iPhone escalates into android is better. The OP asked a simple question and it was answered with a simple, and correct answer. The android device lags because of the lack of software optimization.

I plan on getting the next Moto LTE device. If it lags when I'm scrolling, I'm not going to put on a sackcloth and scream "woe is me" and switch to the iPhone. I expect it to lag, and it's not going to be a dealbreaker for me when (not if) it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.