What causes Android phones to lag

jukunu

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S3
Just curious, what causes an Android phone to lag and give a lot of Application not installed errors?

obemba

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
htc
Last edited:
P

promo87

Well, there isn't any single reason behind the lagging of the device but there are multiple reasons behind the lagging. The reasons which makes the Android device laggy is:

- Because of flashing custom ROMs which is not that stable.
- Because of rooting your device.
- Because of the cache stored by application.
- Because of the unwanted widgets, shortcuts, apps etc.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Mainly, Android requires more memory to run, so when manufacturers add more software on top of what Google has developed it causes hiccups. Same goes for installed apps. If you have 500 it'll start to eat away at that memory.

on the move..

Crichton333

Reaction score
I think its because Android as an OS gives installed apps a wide range of resoruces, apps on the iPhone are way more restricted.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We would actually need more info the reason I say that because 4.4.4 is more stable and smoother than say 4.1 or 2.3. Also phones like the Nexus and Moto X run a much lighter software than the Samsung Galaxy s5. Also ,as a member pointed out, if you are running a custom rom the developer may need to fix the coding.
Both my Note 2 and nexus 5 have been lag free with my nexus 5 running smoother mainly because it is both running the latest software (4.4.4) and do not have a manufacturer added skin or extra software. But there are members on here who have a M8 or G3 that uses a custom skin and they are running lag free.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Yes, my G3 is running lag free. I've turned off all the animations in the developer settings and I'm using an alternative launcher. I am rooted but running stock rooted with a few customizations through G3 Tweaksbox.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, my G3 is running lag free. I've turned off all the animations in the developer settings and I'm using an alternative launcher. I am rooted but running stock rooted with a few customizations through G3 Tweaksbox.
My G2 runs lag free for the same reasons except the root. I'm not rooted. Turning off animations AND forcing gpu rendering will speed transitions up tremendously
y5e8ateb.jpg

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk