Why is there lag with Android phones, and not the iphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In case you guys have not noticed I removed the last few posts we are starting from a clean slate no need to go back and forth and telling people to lighten up. The topic is the lag issue so lets get back on that.

What lag issue?

Well as I said earlier my tbolt dont lag :D ... but I saw some iphone that did not update to the latest ios lag.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 57 Widgets on my screen all set to update every 1 minute, I play Angry Birds 24/7 and constantly switch back to my homescreen just for the fun of it and I have terrible lag, what gives?

Oh yeah and I am underclocked to 250mhz.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet

Last edited by a moderator:

Graymayre

Reaction score
I kind of think of Apple devices like a train and Android devices like tuners. The iPhones are rock solid and efficient, but completely inflexible from their track and speed, but they get where they're going with minimal hindrance.

Android can be customized, cut, rebuilt, and driven hard but you see sacrifice for your effort and ultimately the user is in control of the balance of speed, capacity, load, and eventual life expectancy of the device. Put wings on it and it can fly, but don't always expect it to land smoothly. I love it ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

spillner

Reaction score
I'm laughing at all this "Android has lag" "Android run perfect" statements. If anything, this forum shows the inconsistency with the devices themselves. Why does every DX I have seen have terrible screen lag and then I get 10 ppl defending it?

ANDROID DEVICES CAN AND FOR THE MOST PART WILL LAG AT SOME POINT. This includes the mighty TB, I played with it at the VZW store. My friend has a Xoom and I can get it to lag (try using live wallpapers and see how smooth it is).

Does that mean I'm an iPhone user? HELL NO, the occasional lag I get with Andy is such a small price to pay for such a great device. But I'm not gone play ignorant to the fact of Andys biggest short commings which is homescreen and browser lag.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm laughing at all this "Android has lag" "Android run perfect" statements. If anything, this forum shows the inconsistency with the devices themselves. Why does every DX I have seen have terrible screen lag and then I get 10 ppl defending it?

ANDROID DEVICES CAN AND FOR THE MOST PART WILL LAG AT SOME POINT. This includes the mighty TB, I played with it at the VZW store. My friend has a Xoom and I can get it to lag (try using live wallpapers and see how smooth it is).

Does that mean I'm an iPhone user? HELL NO, the occasional lag I get with Andy is such a small price to pay for such a great device. But I'm not gone play ignorant to the fact of Andys biggest short commings which is homescreen and browser lag.

Ah the voice of reason....refreshing!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have 57 Widgets on my screen all set to update every 1 minute, I play Angry Birds 24/7 and constantly switch back to my homescreen just for the fun of it and I have terrible lag, what gives?

Oh yeah and I am underclocked to 250mhz.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet

You're doing it wrong...to achieve true lag you need 58 widgets.

illmatic636

Reaction score
What's with the deleted comments. Censorship is whack!! I was wondering why I never received an answer to my question.

leaving here

gsdreams

Reaction score
Hmm.. My directv lags. Wonder if I should switch to apple tv. LOL

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. My directv lags. Wonder if I should switch to apple tv. LOL

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

LOL, i love my startac so I installed android on it, and there is ZERO LAG!!! same silly concept...

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's with the deleted comments. Censorship is whack!! I was wondering why I never received an answer to my question.

leaving here

Apparently if you are losing an argument and claim that you are offended, you get to reset the clock and get the other guy's posts deleted. LOL

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score

leaving here

Apparently if you are losing an argument and claim that you are offended, you get to reset the clock and get the other guy's posts deleted. LOL

And for the love of Pete, let's have a sense of humor about this and not prove that my being ironic and tongue-in-cheek has any validity to it... :)

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
What I find funny is that people with androids, including myself, have optimized our phones to run smooth. If this is a discusion about android out of the box then I should have never posted. I bought an android for that exact purpose...to make it run the way I want it too. If I wanted the same phone that millions of other people have then I would have bought an iphone.
You can't see my phone or the poster with the tb. To disprove what we are saying. My phone does not lag, transitions are smooth, app drawer opens and scrolls flawlessly.
Sorry for the long post. I have said what I wanted so I am done.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I find funny is that people with androids, including myself, have optimized our phones to run smooth. If this is a discusion about android out of the box then I should have never posted. I bought an android for that exact purpose...to make it run the way I want it too. If I wanted the same phone that millions of other people have then I would have bought an iphone.
You can't see my phone or the poster with the tb. To disprove what we are saying. My phone does not lag, transitions are smooth, app drawer opens and scrolls flawlessly.
Sorry for the long post. I have said what I wanted so I am done.

sure we can see, take a video of you scrolling through your call logs, contacts, app drawers, up and down a few times in a row :D

Status
Not open for further replies.