Who's planning on picking up the Droid 3?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With the release just weeks away, who's planning on purchasing one on release day?

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Nope. It doesn't have as good specs as some other phones out right now.
VZ needs to step it up. If the bionic isn't amazing, I may switch to TMO.
But it is a great phone for those who need a physical keyboard. Just if it was LTE, which seems kinda ridiculous for a mid-2011 phone.

They really need to get some better phones.

darkmatter

Reaction score
Considering the only device to outperform the d3 was one running the same chipset (but lower resolution), i'd say the specs are pretty good.

D3 will be my next phone.

polish23

Reaction score
Why not wait for the bionic? If it ever comes out that is...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Tepes

Reaction score
Certainly in my top 4. Still eyeing the Xplay but waiting for a confirmed root on that. Also want to see the Bionic and some more specs on the Nexus (Prime?).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Droidrage729

Reaction score
I think this is my next phone. the bionic size is ridiculous like walking around with a xoom against your ear. don't care for a keyboard but the 4 inch screen size is perfect for me. Hope the development community will be just as good ads the dx

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Unless the D3 really disappoints me I'm getting it.
The 3 LTE phones out now have issues. Remember the hype of the Tbolt?..then the delays...the bar was set so high for that phone it will never live up to it. I believe the Bionic's bar is even higher. I'm sure it will b a nice phone when it comes out but I doupt it will b the super-phone everyone thinks its gonna be.

I'll be there when the phone is available.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bishoy

Reaction score
if this phone had lte, my answer would be yes. but now i think im talking myself out of it........

nikkix

Reaction score
if it had LTE it would be a no brainer.
id buy it on launch day.
but with the lack of 4g, and with the pentile screen, im thinking of waiting

ive had both the droid 2 and og.i dont understand why they are sabotaging themselves with this. im actually considering switching to sprint because i really really really would prefer a qwerty keyboard.

kingsway8605

Reaction score
I can't understand why that chin is still there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

aggiechase37

Reaction score
I'm getting it with my upgrade. Then with my mom's upgrade I'm getting the Bionic and giving her the Droid. Then with my dad's upgrade I'm getting the Nexus Prime. Perfect solution, though I may well keep D3 if I like it enough, because I REALLY like having a physical keyboard.

rushmore

Reaction score
I am going to get the D3 and test it out. The KB will be handy for Flash content, Quake ports and game emulators (no more accidents hitting capacitive nav buttons). If the Play had similar specs- I would have bought it already.

All 4G devices so far have been problematic and have to be rebooted in order to properly switch and turn off 3G/4G (seems best to wait for second generation radios). The .3" smaller display should look sharper and be better on battery (lack of 4G also will help battery). Probably cost $100 less than Bionic ($200 vs $300).

My gTablet confirms that 512mb ram works great with a dual core IF allocated correctly. Curious of the D3 in that regard. DX2 has great benchmarks too, but does not stop the low ram issues, audio pops and random reboots.

Both the D3 and Bionic apparently have the same 4430 and 16gb internal storage.

If the D3 has flaky firmware like the DX2, it would not bode well for the Bionic. Poor Gingerbread update quality, DX2 issues and a bad D3 effort would not be the best trend to extrapolate the Bionic with.

Last edited:

rushmore

Reaction score
I can't understand why that chin is still there.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Some of the antenna modules reside in that area, I do believe. There tends to be little if any free space in these type of devices. The chin is not their for aesthetics. Still annoying though. Why not make the device a 4.3" if the footprint has the space, due to the chin?

Last edited: