Welcome to the Motorola Droid 3 Forum!

warped1987

Reaction score
Because 4G means it's going to cost a lot more and there's only like 50 cities nation wide with 4G coverage and 3D is just stupid technology for a cell phone

Reaction score
It's been added to Verizon's minimum advertised price list, which is always a good indication that a product isn't far from launch:

Sweet, thanks! Either they don't tell their reps anything or the reps just don't care because the few I've interacted with don't have a clue when it is coming out. I've gotta have it by July 7th. :greendroid:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Sweet, thanks! Either they don't tell their reps anything or the reps just don't care because the few I've interacted with don't have a clue when it is coming out. I've gotta have it by July 7th. :greendroid:

Reps never know about these things. Even if they do, they're supposed to try to get you to buy a current phone, not one that hasn't been officially announced yet.

Reaction score
Reps never know about these things. Even if they do, they're supposed to try to get you to buy a current phone, not one that hasn't been officially announced yet.

I get it but, if I were selling stuff, would rather have the customer come back happy than feel gypped because they were sold something that was not what they asked for. My one rep who I do 35k of business with each year told me to wait till Sept! The other one looked at me like I was talking in Klingon. Dweebs.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I find it interesting how ppl were complaining about d3 specs, saying that its hardly an upgrade over d2, yet the benchmarks have it outperforming, or as good as, devices hailed as the next big thing (ie, evo 3d etc)

Even more telling, on that one benchmark the only device to outperform the d3 was the on running the same chipset (the lg 3d one). Whether that's a result of higher resolution,as the article indicates, or blur, who knows.

But yea, a monster of a phone, and an improved keyboard, sounds like a winner to me.

jeffcicale

Reaction score
I find it interesting how ppl were complaining about d3 specs, saying that its hardly an upgrade over d2, yet the benchmarks have it outperforming, or as good as, devices hailed as the next big thing (ie, evo 3d etc)

Even more telling, on that one benchmark the only device to outperform the d3 was the on running the same chipset (the lg 3d one). Whether that's a result of higher resolution,as the article indicates, or blur, who knows.

But yea, a monster of a phone, and an improved keyboard, sounds like a winner to me.

I'm in if it has 1gb of ram but 512 would be pathetic for third Gen.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
Personally, I don't care about 3D on my phone. Things that use parallax 3D (glasses-free 3D) don't work so well for me because the vision in my eyes is radically different. My left eye is really strong, but my right eye needs significant correction. That means glasses-free 3D just gives me a headache with no 3D benefit.

I just want a solid phone that's an improvement over the one I have now. Faster processor, better camera, more internal storage. These are the kind of things I want, Motorola. LTE would be nice, but my area doesn't have it yet, and likely won't for a couple years.

UNC

Reaction score
Because 4G means it's going to cost a lot more and there's only like 50 cities nation wide with 4G coverage and 3D is just stupid technology for a cell phone

4g costs the same as 3g and 3d would be awesome for games and movies.... If you don't want to use it I'm sure you could disable it.

Also, 4g is already in atleast 60 markets. Here in NC there is a ton of LTE coverage. In one year it will be in 100+ markets so why would you not want to be able to access it at all for two years?

This phone is supposed to be the flagship device along with the DX2. Neither device being 4g is a misstep.

akhi216

Reaction score

4g costs the same as 3g and 3d would be awesome for games and movies.... If you don't want to use it I'm sure you could disable it.

Also, 4g is already in atleast 60 markets. Here in NC there is a ton of LTE coverage. In one year it will be in 100+ markets so why would you not want to be able to access it at all for two years?

This phone is supposed to be the flagship device along with the DX2. Neither device being 4g is a misstep.

I have the Samsung SCH-LC11 (4G LTE mobile hotspot) thus it doesn't matter to Me whether or not my next phone has 4G LTE as I will just turn on WiFi and use the hotspot when I need 4G. I'm more concerned about the phone having features other than 4G that fit my tastes, and since I'm a old-school Blackberry convert, I have to have a physical keyboard and I've been spoiled rotten by Android sliders.