Welcome to the Motorola Droid 3 Forum!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'd like to see it drop before the first of July, but of course I can wait a week longer.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Some new pictures of the Milestone 3, which should be physically identical to the Droid 3:

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9384.JPG

IMG_9392.JPG

IMG_9385.JPG

More at the source: http://www.xda.cn/article.php?mnewsid=426&page=&pages=1

warped1987

Reaction score

omg I love you, lol. I just woke up, saw there was a reply to the thread from my email, checked on my phone and the second I saw you posted new pics I ran to my computer to see them, lol

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Make sure to keep in mind that's the Milestone 3, not the Droid 3. While we'd naturally think they'd be virtually identical, we don't know at this point if there might be internal differences. At the very least they should look the same.

warped1987

Reaction score
Make sure to keep in mind that's the Milestone 3, not the Droid 3. While we'd naturally think they'd be virtually identical, we don't know at this point if there might be internal differences. At the very least they should look the same.

ahhhh-ha, very good point. I'm still going threw and reading the translated parts (gotta love google chrome) and reading all the negative feedback is getting me down :( SO I hope the "Droid 3" doesn't have all the "Milestone 3"s crap :D

warped1987

Reaction score
right now it's looking like you can remove the bloatware apps from the app drawer, not sure if a 100% un-install is the case, but still cool. I'm trying to find if they say the bootloader is unlocked or not, doubt it will?

Tepes

Reaction score
Coming up on my upgrade. Really looking forward to this. My D1 has been a faithful friend :) Was at the Verizon store on Saturday poking around and the guy helping me out said they had a Moto rep in that morning talking to them about the D3 and Bionic. I hope that means really soon :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

warped1987

Reaction score
Hardware and run points:

Milestone 3 uses a TI OMAP4430 dual-core processor, ARM's Cortex-A9 architecture, 45nm production process, using the industry's first dual-core mobile TI program. With 512 RAM, 16G's ROM, and SGX540 the GPU. Dual-core models in the overall configuration is probably the most outdated in.

Kind of sad it's also not 1gb RAM :(

Reaction score
This is a must have. I wish they would hurry up and release it as my Droid 1 is growing long in tooth. Am loving the new keyboard!!

matt2783

Reaction score
I am loving the look of the D3 and can deal with the specs but I am not going to use my upgrade on a phone without LTE and with a locked bootloader. If it does ship with an unlocked bootloader (doubt it) I may have to rethink my position.

UNC

Reaction score
Why can't it be 4g and 3d!?!?!?!?! I want a Droid, but I want the best tech out there....