Welcome to the Motorola Droid 3 Forum!

TC_Mits

Reaction score
Gonna be a great phone -- wish I could get it...

Months away? More like weeks away. The rumor for quite some time has been a June release, and now more than one extremely reliable user on Howard Forums (who are always dead on with Motorola devices) has confirmed in the past day that it's due to be released next month.
I have been skeptical about the timing of this release. I am now becoming more hopeful that it will come out before the Fourth. If this phone had 4G LTE I would jump all over it and probably keep it til the keys start to fall out. I would use my NE2 on it now, anyway, without 4G -- it's shaping up to be a great phone overall -- IF I knew I could get its 4G successor, when it comes out probably next summer, at the NE2 price. But that ain't gonna happen. So...

I will, very reluctantly, have to pass on the D3. I don't think I could stand knowing, a year from now or so, that 4G LTE was available on a 5-row qwerty slide Android phone with super features and I was still stuck in 3G. I will save my NE2 for my real dream phone with 4G -- and a 4.7" display! (Dream on.)

I need 4G and and a real full qwerty KB. So, I have no choice but to wait for the next step in the Moto Droid line which must -- at long last -- have all the features I will need to be able to keep a phone for a while... Maybe... even... -- Dare I say it? -- could HTC's announcement last night that it is unlocking its bootloaders force Motorola to follow suit?
:icon_ banana:

Reaction score
Who's waiting for this bad boy? dancedroid
I am. Still have one of the first Droid 1 models and, while it has been flawless, I'd like a number row and a bigger screen.

Anyone with an idea when this is coming out??

redlinerobert

Reaction score
I'm getting one the day they are made available. My D2 keeps freezing, dialing wrong numbers, shuts off and reboots on its own.....done.

apl3

Reaction score
I want one too. It would be perfect if I could install the screen from the Charge.

fastpat

Reaction score
I'll have to wait until the fall when my phone replacement comes up on my contract, if there's still such a thing.

I have a D1 and like it fine, certainly the D2 wasn't enough to get me to upgrade early, and the iPhone has things that I don't like, the fixed battery being one of them.

I upgraded to the larger D2 battery and that's proven to be a good move, hopefully the D3 will use power at a slower rate, or a larger battery will be offered.

Wondering about Wi-Fi tethering with the D3 and an iPad?

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in the D3. My contract is due for renewal in a few months. The Thunderbolt was the only phone that I was seriously considering, but the D3 might be a contender.

The lack of LTE doesn't really bother me that much. They tested it here a while ago, but we're not scheduled to actually get it live here in the foreseeable future. I'll wait until we have some actual specs before I decide.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

UNC

Reaction score
If they come out with a 4g version ill buy it (Ooc if I must). The original Droid is probably the most satisfying device ive owned. I could see a D3LTE happening... They made the D2G. How about a Droid c(3)PO 4g. Who knows. (That would be a weird color for a phone!!)

Stories

Reaction score
I would kill for a LTE equipped D3. I am surprised at the number of people who have no interest in physical keyboards anymore... makes me really sad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App