Who's planning on picking up the Droid 3?

experiment626

Reaction score
I too had been thinking about going with the SonyEricsson Xperia Play.I've always loved SE styling and a vanilla Android device on VZW is a nice change of pace. But I have to admit the Droid 3 looks very impressive,at least on paper.I'll wait until the D3 is released to decide

Last edited:

darkmatter

Reaction score
I wanted to like the xplay, but its very underwhelming. A gaming device should age well, so releasing it with tech that's already on the way out was a big mistake.
Now, if xplay had the same specs as d3, I would have a real dilemma on my hands. As it is, the d3 is an easy choice.

But then, if I could live without my keyboard, I suppose i'd wait for the bionic.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
8 months ago I would have been waiting for the D3 but now that I have gone to the DX I don't mind, not having the keyboard. So Bionic or Galaxy S2 for me. Possibly nexus but I will cross that bridge if and when it becomes available.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Droidrage729

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification so essentially the memory amount is the same but management has improved. I will pick it up it has enough improvements and has enough of what i don't want (4g).

neilrl79

Reaction score
I will be getting the D3. 4G doesn't matter to me at all but a physical keyboard matters a lot, especially one with dedicated number keys.

Droidrage729

Reaction score
No need for it. If the 4g coverage does work it kills your battery ridiculously fast. That's if you can get a dependable connection. And yea its fast but not enough for me to want to pay extra for it. Im not jumping on the bandwagon just cause its new. At this point I think people will buy a turd from Verizon if they slap a new sticker on it. Like I said d3 has was I need and us lacking something I don't want.

neilrl79

Reaction score
No need for it. If the 4g coverage does work it kills your battery ridiculously fast. That's if you can get a dependable connection. And yea its fast but not enough for me to want to pay extra for it. Im not jumping on the bandwagon just cause its new. At this point I think people will buy a turd from Verizon if they slap a new sticker on it. Like I said d3 has was I need and us lacking something I don't want.

I agree 100%.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score

Not really. My Charge has lasted much longer than my X in battery life.
And can download much faster. Like 30x faster where I live.

But if it isn't in your area, I can see why.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

I agree 100%.

Double Agree! :D lol and the whole physical keyboard is why I love it dancedroid

Kimo91

Reaction score
I'm getting it in September...I'll wait for Verizon and Motorola to work the bugs out of the new phone first

If its not Boeing, I'm not going!!! Team Boeing ROCKS!!!

rushmore

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification so essentially the memory amount is the same but management has improved. I will pick it up it has enough improvements and has enough of what i don't want (4g).

Why would you not want 4G?

Assuming thses things are fixed in the next generation, I agree:

1. Current LTE chipsets eat battery 50% more than 3G (The Charge is no better, but a slower chipset and samoled display helps to mitigate the LTE chipset power hunger.

2. Network is sparse, immature and problematic when in mainly 3G areas.

3. No true "on the fly" radio switching, so need to power on an off the device for proper adjustment. The next generation is supposed to have this feature.

I will get the D3 to at least test out, and then either keep it, or wait for the Bionic or SG2. If I buy the Bionic, 4G would be turned off anyway. I prefer battery life, until the technology is more power efficient.

0x1a4

Reaction score
Lack of 4g (it is in my area), the slightly crappy screen are the two deal breakers for me. I may have been more motivated to upgrade my original Droid if I hadn't rooted and loaded simply stunning. I can be patient for the Droid 4, should only be a few months... :)

/and a real QWERTY keyboard is a must. I just suck at on screen keyboards!

Raptor007

Reaction score
I know there are users who don't like the pentile display, but based on what I have seen I don't see the complaints. Now when I get a D3 and use it for a week or two then I will see.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it will have a front facing camera for video chat? None of the leaked pictures or videos I've seen has made mention of that and video chatting is something I'd like to begin doing with my next phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums