Whoa, it's like I took the blue pill

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I keep coming back to the Razr, it has flaws but so do the others.

It seems to be the best compromise of form and function.

Wow, who knew?

Now we wait for ICS and see what kind of skin it makes with moto-blur.

Interesting times huh?

swatty06

Reaction score
I am excited to see how different the phone will be with the new ics features

ablank

Reaction score
I hope that they update smart actions (trigger: car dock) and power controls in the notification bar. Other than that i'm in love with this phone haha. Swype is fantastic, i'm at 22 hours on battery today.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have no idea what that means, but I really like my Droid RAZR. dancedroid

Grim, ICS is short for Ice Cream Sandwich, the code name for the next major upgrade of the Android operating system. It is the first version of Android that was designed for both smart phones and tablets, and promises soon major enhancements to the operating system we all already love.

You may have heard the names Froyo (Frozen Yogurt), and Gingerbread as earlier OS versions. Right now, we're all running Gingerbread on the RAZR, but there are lots of phones out there still running Froyo and even earlier versions.

We're expecting the upgrade soon, possibly add soon as later this month or early January. :)

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
Grim, ICS is short for Ice Cream Sandwich, the code name for the next major upgrade of the Android operating system. It is the first version of Android that was designed for both smart phones and tablets, and promises soon major enhancements to the operating system we all already love.

You may have heard the names Froyo (Frozen Yogurt), and Gingerbread as earlier OS versions. Right now, we're all running Gingerbread on the RAZR, but there are lots of phones out there still running Froyo and even earlier versions.

We're expecting the upgrade soon, possibly add soon as later this month or early January. :)

Yeah, I have heard about the ice cream sandwich and gingerbread as software. But frozen yogurt? That is news to me.

Could you possibly answer a question for me? There is a file on my phone that dates back over 40 years ago. Got an explanation fir that?

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah, I have heard about the ice cream sandwich and gingerbread as software. But frozen yogurt? That is news to me.

Could you possibly answer a question for me? There is a file on my phone that dates back over 40 years ago. Got an explanation fir that?

Sure, that is the old "45" system. It's analog, whereas now we're all digital. After the"45" came the "33", then things moved to digital... (lol) ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
How do you activate Swype?

To activate Swype, you need to have a text window open such add a text, then press and hold in that window and a menu screen opens. There is a choice for Input method, and in that menu is the selection for Swype.

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
Sure, that is the old "45" system. It's analog, whereas now we're all digital. After the"45" came the "33", then things moved to digital... (lol) ;)

OK. I was wondering about that. My Mom was like "I'm pretty sure we didn't have cellphones back then".

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
To activate Swype, you need to have a text window open such add a text, then press and hold in that window and a menu screen opens. There is a choice for Input method, and in that menu is the selection for Swype.

Thanks. I just got it the 14th of November. And I am still learning. You would think I know it quicker seeing as I am only 17 and I pay my own bill from Verizon.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Does that make it permanent until I change it back?

Yes but if you don't like swype all you gotta do is hard press in message screen (text messaging and/or email) and options pop up, select keyboard which will again pop up another set of options the you can choose which keyboard you want to use

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
Yes but if you don't like swype all you gotta do is hard press in message screen (text messaging and/or email) and options pop up, select keyboard which will again pop up another set of options the you can choose which keyboard you want to use

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

And how does one change their Avatar? Found where to, just cannot seem to get it.