Whoa, it's like I took the blue pill

Kimo91

Reaction score
And how does one change their Avatar? Found where to, just cannot seem to get it.

Go to the website to change your avatar unless someone else has an easier way to do it

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto Droid Razr

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OK. I was wondering about that. My Mom was like "I'm pretty sure we didn't have cellphones back then".
I'm surprised she didn't pick up on the "45" versus "33" bit. Either that or she was playing Straight Person... :D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Or go to settings>language & keyboard> and choose swype.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Good point! I often forget many of the settings are both available when you need them and can also be accessed from menus at the home screen too!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OK. I was wondering about that. My Mom was like "I'm pretty sure we didn't have cellphones back then".

Maybe not 40 years ago, but not far off. The anniversary of the very first cellular phone call is April 3, 2013 (less than a year and a half away!) :hail:
The History of Cell Phones

On April 3, 1973, at a public demonstration and using a heavy 30-ounce phone, Martin Cooper placed the first cell phone call to his rival at AT&T Bell Labs from the streets of New York City. Mr. Cooper commented, "As I walked down the street while talking on the phone, sophisticated New Yorkers gaped at the sight of someone actually moving around while making a phone call. Remember that in 1973, there weren't cordless telephones or cellular phones. I made numerous calls, including one where I crossed the street while talking to a New York radio reporter - probably one of the more dangerous things I have ever done in my life."
dyna-tac.bmp
First Cell Phone (1973): Motorola Dyna-Tac
Size: 9 x 5 x 1.75 inches
Weight: 2.5 pounds
Display: None
Number of Circuit Boards: 30
Talk time: 35 minutes
Recharge Time: 10 hours
Features: Talk, listen, dial

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
dyna-tac.bmp

Look at that battery life! Hehe, 30 minutes talk time, 10 hours charging. So all you complainers out there saying the battery life in the RAZR is too short, take notice. They didn't have texting, web access, camera or video, streaming audio and video, etc. This thing made what many would say is "one relatively short call" before it needed 10 hours to regain its strength.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I am afraid I do not follow. Sorry, only 17 here.

Sorry, just pulling your leg a bit. You mentioned 40 years ago, so I referenced the old 45 RPM Vinyl records as coming from that time, then the next iteration were the 33 RPM LP (Long Playing) records, and then we moved to CDs. Actually there were several other alternatives before and between, including reel-to-reel tape players, 8-track players, cassette players, Laserdisc, etc., but this was just a poke at you. No insult intended. :D

Go ask your mother (or grandmother) about "45s". They were discs about 7" in diameter and they typically had only one song on each side. See Gramophone record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

TheGrimRAZR

Reaction score
Sorry, just pulling your leg a bit. You mentioned 40 years ago, so I referenced the old 45 RPM Vinyl records as coming from that time, then the next iteration were the 33 RPM LP (Long Playing) records, and then we moved to CDs. Actually there were several other alternatives before and between, including reel-to-reel tape players, 8-track players, cassette players, Laserdisc, etc., but this was just a poke at you. No insult intended. :D

Go ask your mother (or grandmother) about "45s". They were discs about 7" in diameter and they typically had only one song on each side. See Gramophone record - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Actually, I am very familiar with the 45s, cassette tapes, floppy discs and so on. It went very over my head. But yeah, Mum would know. My grandma on both sides are past. So no help there.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Maybe not 40 years ago, but not far off. The anniversary of the very first cellular phone call is April 3, 2013 (less than a year and a half away!) :hail:
The History of Cell Phones

On April 3, 1973, at a public demonstration and using a heavy 30-ounce phone, Martin Cooper placed the first cell phone call to his rival at AT&T Bell Labs from the streets of New York City. Mr. Cooper commented, "As I walked down the street while talking on the phone, sophisticated New Yorkers gaped at the sight of someone actually moving around while making a phone call. Remember that in 1973, there weren't cordless telephones or cellular phones. I made numerous calls, including one where I crossed the street while talking to a New York radio reporter - probably one of the more dangerous things I have ever done in my life."
dyna-tac.bmp

I actually used a similar phone back in the 80s