WHo still doesn't have 2.1???

jbr13

Reaction score
I am not rooted and allow updates if on. Just wondering how many days of updates are left and how many people haven't got the update yet. I get poor cell coverage at night when the normal updates come out, I wonder it that will hold up getting my update?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not rooted and allow updates if on. Just wondering how many days of updates are left and how many people haven't got the update yet. I get poor cell coverage at night when the normal updates come out, I wonder it that will hold up getting my update?

Two things: If you're getting any signal at all you will get an update. If you can use wifi in your home (provided you have a wireless network).

The update will find you, it does take some time so I would relax and be patient. Plenty of others still do not have 2.1 yet, I see that in other threads.

Jus Cruisin

Reaction score
Just got the OTA update this morning for my wife's "stocker". I now show an update available in my settings>about phone with my rooted phone.

nomusa53

Reaction score
Got it midnite Saturday going into Easter Sunday morning. I'm in Michigan. Live wallpapers (fireworks - nite time beach scene) awesome!!!!!

jnd121

Reaction score
Don't feel bad. I haven't gotten it yet either :(

zenman77

Reaction score
I don't have it but it sure is trying to push it's way into my droidmod 1.0 rooted phone and I'm hoping there's a file or a mod that will stop the OTA process. If anyone knows of one, please post the link. Why would I want a update when what I have is so much better already. In fact I'm typing this while wireless tethered right now. Once updated, I would'nt have that.

drjoek

Reaction score
How will I know if Ive got the update?
Will I receive a text? email?
Will it magically appear?

answers!! I demand answers!!:p

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How will I know if Ive got the update?
Will I receive a text? email?
Will it magically appear?

answers!! I demand answers!!:p

1. You will know it.
2. It will pop up on your phone
3. See #2.

GeLopez

Reaction score
my girlfriend doesnt have it yet at 4/5/2010 still. she doesnt care when she gets it.

edit: in dallas texas

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of us are "dieing" to get it. Some of us are "dieing" because we got it :(

And the vast majority of us are very happy to have received it.

hukur, it's obvious that you don't think much of 2.1 but I'm getting tired of seeing you slam the OS when in your signature it indicates you are rooted. If you are rooted, then kindly stay out of the 2.1 threads, you wouldn't have any idea how good it is.

If that's not the case and you're disappointed with 2.1, we all get it. Every thread that comes out doesn't need 2 or 3 post from you slamming 2.1.

It's a great update. And don't misunderstand me, you are entitled to your opinions but lets not make a campaign about it OK?