I want to go back to 2.1!

dickdow

Reaction score
I manually updated to 2.2 a few days ago (i'm non-rooted) and while I like the upgrade I want to go back to 2.1. The main reason is that my Sirius app doesn't work with 2.2. I have no idea how long it will be before Sirius issues an update so in the mean time I want to go back to 2.1.

I have searched this forum and a few others and I haven't been able to find the manual update 2.1 file. Does anyone know where it is linked? The link in the old manual update 2.1 thread is no longer valid.

Is it even possible to go back? Pleae help!

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
You will need to find and download the following:

Motorola USB Drivers 32 or 64 bit

RSDLite

2.1 SBF file

Install drivers, install RSDLite

Open RSDLite, through that find your SBF file and open it

Turn off droid, hold up button on keypad and turn on, you should see Bootloader... Battery OK
Ok to program
connect USB data cable

now connect to your pc
allow it a few seconds to load up drivers
You should see "connected" on RSDLite
Click start
Allow it to finish, it will take roughly 10min
Close out RSDLite when you are sure it is done, let it stay at 100% for a bit to make sure it doesnt have another process to run.
Close RSDLite, it will say are you sure, this could damage your phone, as long as you allowed it time to complete, there is no problem exiting.

Alright, that puts you back to 2.1. enjoy

Edit: some links..

This has the RSDLite link as well as the USB drivers, but only has 2.0 and 2.0.1 SBF files
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/37717-unroot-unbrick-using-sbf-post-ikithme.html

And here you can find a 2.1 SBF file
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/android-hacks/1276-release-droid-2-1-ese53-sbf-file-released.html

Last edited:

dylanthecat

Reaction score
I thought you could just flash using an 2.1 update.zip file to go back to an older OS. Maybe I am wrong. I do have the 2.1 update.zip file if you need it.

OP
D

dickdow

Reaction score
That's what i thought too. if you don't mind post the 2.1 update.zip and I will give it a try.

I thought I found a 2.1 update.zip on another forum but when I tried flashing back to it I kept getting an error message. The file size was only about 15mb also. Might not have been the complete file.

dylanthecat

Reaction score
That's what i thought too. if you don't mind post the 2.1 update.zip and I will give it a try.

I thought I found a 2.1 update.zip on another forum but when I tried flashing back to it I kept getting an error message. The file size was only about 15mb also. Might not have been the complete file.

Here you go. I will leave it up for a bit. I used it to go from 2.01 to 2.1 so I know it works that way.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3815702/2.1%20stock%20droid%20update.zip

OP
D

dickdow

Reaction score
That's looks like the same file I was using yesterday when I tried to flash back to 2.1. It wouldn't work, said it had an error an installation was aborted. I tried again today with your file and got the same error.

I think I may have to go the RSDLite route. Damnit!

Panther1911

Reaction score
on the download link for the for the rsd thing it has a warning that says this:

THIS COMPLETELY WIPES YOUR PHONE AND REFLASHES IT! YOU WILL NEED TO REACTIVATE YOUR PHONE WHEN THIS FINISHES!

Reactivate means dialing *228 in the phone app and choosing option 1, for those that don't know.

is it really that simple to reativate? does verizon hit you with another activation fee?

Last edited:

pittdude

Reaction score
The main reason is that my Sirius app doesn't work with 2.2. I have no idea how long it will be before Sirius issues an update so in the mean time I want to go back to 2.1.

I have 2.2 FRG01B and the Sirius app works fine on my Droid. I'm nonrooted. Maybe it is something else causing the problem?