Who is still rocking HelixLauncher 1?

virtualhuman

Reaction score
Not a fan of the 3D app drawer. I love H1, and anchored apps at the bottom.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Helix1 - H2 was way too slow and buggy, especially when trying to use the 3D app drawer. What would be nice if that top bar could hide like it can in H2.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

vrdubin6

Reaction score
Kk, thought I had lost it. :p

Ehh not really. Helix 2 has the dock tray that the icons sit on, the scrolling is much more like Sense UI, you can hide the notification bar and you can hide the icon titles.

Helix 1 has the icon dock too, so I don't know about that, but I can see where the others came from.

Guess I had lost it some... =/

Is there a beta version of Helix 1 that has the dock? I just downloaded it from the market and I didnt see an option for the dock in the configuration menu.

PS: I am talking about the glass looking dock that the icons "sit" on.

Here is a screenshot of mine a few weeks ago...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ehh not really. Helix 2 has the dock tray that the icons sit on, the scrolling is much more like Sense UI, you can hide the notification bar and you can hide the icon titles.

Helix 1 has the icon dock too, so I don't know about that, but I can see where the others came from.

Is there a beta version of Helix 1 that has the dock? I just downloaded it from the market and I didnt see an option for the dock in the configuration menu.

I guess not... I really don't keep up with Helix 1 though because I'm perfectly fine with Helix 2. :p

vrdubin6

Reaction score

I guess not... I really don't keep up with Helix 1 though because I'm perfectly fine with Helix 2. :p

Haha gotcha... I'm just picky about little things. :icon_eek:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Haha gotcha... I'm just picky about little things. :icon_eek:

Your not the only one :p

The Rick

Reaction score
could some one make a helix 2 launcher without the 3d app drawer

this would be ideal for me too. I actually like the dock with the app drawer on the right and the much better looking dock at the bottom

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was using helix1 for so long, but now I grabbed the 3d launcher fro Cyanogen and put it in my ROM. I like it only cause it's been fast and i LOVE the 5 icons across hack. I do miss icons on the bottom of the screen, but ehh no biggie...

Big Lou

Reaction score
I don't think Helix2 is technically a "better" version... I think the dev put them both out there as options. I'm still using Helix1.