Who is still rocking HelixLauncher 1?

versusxiii

Reaction score
I know a lot of people have moved on to Helix 2, but I'm still using 1. It works for what I need it for, its faster, and I'm not a big fan of the 3D app drawer anyways.

cj1896

Reaction score
2 slowed my phone down tremendously...I am sticking with 1 for now

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
still using 1 b/c of speed issues... plus, in 2, i can't do one real fast swipe and go to the end of my apps... have to swype over and over - 2 is much prettier though :)

honestly, if it wasn't for the anchored apps at the bottom, i'd go with the stock launcher b/c it's so quick (even moreso than helix1 for me) - if there's a launcher out there that has the anchored apps AND the speed of stock, that would be nice...

soops

Reaction score
helix launcher2 works fine for me, running rooted stock 2.1. helix launcher1 was ok except with occassional FC's running ebuddy or fring.

mendy817

Reaction score
+1, still on helix launcher 1, but i use the 1.3 Beta2 version from the donating site (seems much stabler than launcher 2 and i love that you can hide shortcut names)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had both, currently using 2, but have swapped out here and there.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have had both, currently using 2, but have swapped out here and there.

Same here. And my Helix 1 is from the donated site. GDE is my only other home, but I haven't used it in a long time.

br91655

Reaction score
Used 2 for a while but am currently back to 1. I can do without the 3D app drawer. I did like the 4 static apps though at the bottom. Wish the dev would add this to 1.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I am still on Helix1 and love it. I see no need for the 3D app drawer. The main reason for 7 screens is so I never have to open the app drawer. I couldn't tell you if it was 3D or not.

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
I'm still on Helix1. I've tried 2 and, like everyone else, found it slower. I did like being able to hide the notification bar and icon names in 2, but I'll take the speed over those.

For those using the donate Helix 1 Beta, does that version give the ability to hide the notification bar?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never tried Helix 2. I have no need for a 3d app drawer.. I had it earlier and didn't like it.