Who is still rocking HelixLauncher 1?

Big Cam

Reaction score
I know a lot of people have moved on to Helix 2, but I'm still using 1. It works for what I need it for, its faster, and I'm not a big fan of the 3D app drawer anyways.
I am, simply because I was told 2 was for rooted droids, adn that 1 was more stable. I actually just installed it a few weeks ago, and it's nice, but sometimes slow getting back to the home screen.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I am still using Helix 1. It is one of the 1.3 Beta versions on my phone. I never switched to Helix 2 because I heard it lagged a lot. I still get some force closes every now and then and sometimes it takes a little extra time to get widgets on the home screen, but it works faster than any other home replacement I have used in the past.

I am not really a fan of the 3D app drawer when I tried using replacements with that integrated.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I always hated the 3d app drawer myself until I used the 5-across cyanogen launcher. Seriously, its real quick, snappy, and shows a lot more apps. Other than that, I think people are only drawn to the 3d drawer cause its different... I kinda wish some good coders would make a whole different kind of drawer launcher (yea yea the TAT home looks cool but nothing that company shows is ever released to public, sketchy!)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Count me in the numbers! Love helix launcher!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

wernst

Reaction score
Nothin' in the world wrong with Helix 1.

Besides, I use FolderOrganizer and as a result, I almost never go into the App Drawer anyway. And when I do, I want to get through it quickly. Why would I care in the world if there was a teeny tiny "3d waterfall effect" for the icons I can't use?

-Warr

wil318466

Reaction score
This thread should be changed to "who's using Helix 2"? lol.

I'm using Helix 1. Love it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Helix 1 here. Works great, very happy with it, and have been since I first loaded it. Tried 2 and had FC issues but it was a while ago.

Blaster

Reaction score
Ehh not really. Helix 2 has the dock tray that the icons sit on, the scrolling is much more like Sense UI, you can hide the notification bar and you can hide the icon titles.

Helix 1 has the icon dock too, so I don't know about that, but I can see where the others came from.

Guess I had lost it some... =/

Is there a beta version of Helix 1 that has the dock? I just downloaded it from the market and I didnt see an option for the dock in the configuration menu.

PS: I am talking about the glass looking dock that the icons "sit" on.

Here is a screenshot of mine a few weeks ago...

How did you make the top bar black and how did you customize the bottom area aswell?

REARless

Reaction score
Running JRummy's Cyanogen Mod. I uninstalled all of the launchers and installed the Helix 1. It runs a lot better for me than the Helix 2 did.

vrdubin6

Reaction score
How did you make the top bar black and how did you customize the bottom area aswell?

You need to be rooted in order to get a black notification bar. The bottom icons are customized using Bettercut free from the market.