Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
do I download this file to my bionic and open it, or use the PC

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

PC

on your phone, turn on usb debugging (settings > applications > development)

make sure when you plug in your usb that it's set to charge only

extract that file to your desktop (or wherever)

select "runme.bat" and follow instructions

N2Droid

Reaction score

hustler616

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

I am very new to the rooting thing, I had Pete's root and did the unroot before getting the update. Now i keep getting an error when trying to root. I am going to use this since it seems to be working for people but is there a way to unroot using this?

justin173rd

Reaction score
???

hey i am brand new to this stuff really .... what is this root and what do i do with this file???? what are the advantages to having it ?

Update ; extracted files clicked on runme and it opens .... phone is connected (on charge only) runme box opens aske to press any key to continue ... press key .... waiting for device.... daemon not running. starting it now...... daemon started successfully ......
Then nothing ...... is that all ????

Last edited:

bfolks

Reaction score
How long should this take once starting?? Mine gets to *daemon started successfully* then just sits there.

bfolks

Reaction score
hey i am brand new to this stuff really .... what is this root and what do i do with this file???? what are the advantages to having it ?

Update ; extracted files clicked on runme and it opens .... phone is connected (on charge only) runme box opens aske to press any key to continue ... press key .... waiting for device.... daemon not running. starting it now...... daemon started successfully ......
Then nothing ...... is that all ????

You need to have the Motorola drivers installed. Go to Pete's Motorola Root Tools and download one of the drivers (32 or 64 bit) listed in #2. Do not do the root on that page though as that method will not work after the Bionic update.

xmguy

Reaction score
I am still on .886 myself. But forever root didn't work for me. After it said daemon started it said permission failed 3 times. Then said done. I'm already rooted. But wanted to keep root after the update.

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I geuss at this point I need to know if someone that installed the update non rooted can now root ????

At least its not a brick!
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Been done many times... i kept root by actually using forever root by the og way by modifying a file with a text editor. Worked amazing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Claudia

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

Thank you! for the link. Worked great.

Now, do I need to reset the Hotspot trick for wifi or did it not change?
I was previously rooted with the "Free" Hotspot, but lost root after downloading the upgrade this morning.
TIA!

N2Nuttin

Reaction score
I finally have received notification for the update, but have been ignoring it all day until I could ask some important questions. Any help would be greatly appreciate.....

First I am rooted using Pete's one click method. My question is do I unroot first, then install the update, then reroot using the method posted earlier? Or can I just update, then reroot using the method posted? Just want to do this the safest way possible, as I am not a big tech person.

Thanks again in advance for any and all help!

llewis13

Reaction score
installed leaked version and forever root

I installed the released root with forever root and upgraded to the leaked version of 5.5.893.

now my system shows the following:

System version:
5.5.886.XT875.Verizon.en.US

Baseband version:
CDMA_N_03.1C.57R ltedc_u_05.15.01

webtop version:
WT-1.3.0-108_DBN-21

Kernel version:
2.6.35.7-g68606e6
vwm736@il93lnxdroid43 #1

Build number:
5.5.1_84_DBN-55

There are no typos. I upgraded to the leaked version of .893 but it shows that i'm still on 5.5.886 which is why i'm getting a notification that i need to upgrade.

Does anyone know if I've already installed the leaked version, could i install the upgrade or would i have to revert back to stock (forever root should stay) then install the update? advice? anyone? bueler?

Tonik

Reaction score
I installed the released root with forever root and upgraded to the leaked version of 5.5.893.

now my system shows the following.....

Based on those numbers it looks like you applied the update, then used a forever root package to go back to stock. Which left you with 886 and an updated kernel and radio. I think you got your steps backwards or out of order. I think at this point you should re-apply the leaked 893 update and that should get you where you need to be.

Does anyone know if I've already installed the leaked version, could i install the upgrade or would i have to revert back to stock (forever root should stay) then install the update? advice? anyone? bueler?

You can not revert to stock now, you are on an upgraded kernel and radio. Those will not revert (well the radio can but it won't change your situation). Your only path forward now is to apply a leaked update. The regular OTA will not work on your phone.

Last edited: