who got the update and tried to root?

Tonik

Reaction score
Right now if I want to unroot I install the SBF (cant remember current name) via rsd. Overrides the entire file system. If one uses forever root does it remain after doing this?

Yes, this is how I did mine awhile back.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

I used a 1 click program to root when I got the phone. Maybe its the same one as this. But Do i need to unroot b4 I run the OTA? Or can i just run the OTA then re-root using this method?

ripper2860

Reaction score
I did not unroot and I was able to apply the update. It did keep root as I had run "Forever Root", but the posted link is to an app that will restore root even if one failed to Forever Root.

dags5000

Reaction score
Will forever root be wiped if one SBFs?

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!

Yes sbf restores factory system which is where the mods are made that give you root

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ChuckDz3

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

Is this done through the same 1 click method through a PC with USB debugging enabled or can this be ran simply by extracting and ran through the phone?

chedder72

Reaction score
Is this done through the same 1 click method through a PC with USB debugging enabled or can this be ran simply by extracting and ran through the phone?
Through the PC, USB debugging enabled, charge only mode. Double click runme.bat

wldfyr7

Reaction score
lost root after update

I originally rooted with pete's one click, did the forever root. Or at least thought I did it. Updated this morning and lost my root. I tried to use the one-click_exploit.zip, but it keeps giving me 'adb' is not recognized.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks

serg

Reaction score
I did the update this morning, my phone is still rooted ...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
This worked for me. I had to install it twice but the second time was a charm.

So, I know its kind of a side note, but does wifi tether work when rooted, or does it do the redirect to Verizon? This would be my only reason to root. Just updated via OTA.

jonsgirl

Reaction score

jimbarr

Reaction score
This worked for me. I had to install it twice but the second time was a charm.

Worked for me as well. I ad to recover back to stock before the OTA would take, but it then updated without a hitch.