Update FAIL on data issue

atlrus

Reaction score
Just giving the heads up for those of you who are waiting on the update to fix the infamous data issues - it doesn't work. I got the unofficial update and everything worked great for exactly 2 days (just like it did when I bought the phone). Now it's back to having issues all the time.
So if you are waiting on the update, hoping to fix the issue and still have time to return the phone - don't bother, just return the phone and get a different one (as in not made by Moto).

GeneralZod

Reaction score
I got the unofficial update...
I think this is a worth noting.

So if you are waiting on the update, hoping to fix the issue and still have time to return the phone - don't bother, just return the phone and get a different one (as in not made by Moto).
The RAZR drops in two days. That will be a strong indicator as to whether it's a Moto issue or Bionic.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Aren't all these updates tests?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
A

atlrus

Reaction score
I think this is a worth noting.

Not really. It's the same update that's about the be pushed out. Let's not forget that Bionic is Verizon-only phone, so all updates from Moto are Verizon-specific.
My guess is that because the update doesn't work - it hasn't be OTAed yet.

The RAZR drops in two days. That will be a strong indicator as to whether it's a Moto issue or Bionic.

It's a Bionic issue, which is made by Moto :)

OP
A

atlrus

Reaction score
Aren't all these updates tests?

Maybe. But it's already 1/3 into November and still no OTA. How long do you think it's acceptable to wait for Moto to fix its data issues?
I am past my 14 day return period, but those who are not should seriously consider the option of not having any data on their $600 4g phone for who knows how long...

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Maybe. But it's already 1/3 into November and still no OTA. How long do you think it's acceptable to wait for Moto to fix its data issues?
I am past my 14 day return period, but those who are not should seriously consider the option of not having any data on their $600 4g phone for who knows how long...

I had radio issues with my OG DROID, and had to wait 4 months for the radio update.

You could sell your Bionic on ebay and use the money to get a new phone.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
I didnt have data issues before the update. And I dont have them after I installed the updates. In fact the updates seem to have cured my endless reboot and black locked screen problems.

OP
A

atlrus

Reaction score
I didnt have data issues before the update.

Glad to hear that. But this doesn't apply to you, it's for people who have data issues and are hoping the update will fix them.

And trust me - you do have data issues, just don't know it yet. The minute you travel far enough from the tower you will see what we are talking about.

BigZig

Reaction score
Because there has been no Offical OTA update you can not say that the update is a fail, if the offical OTA comes out and does not fix the data issue then you can call the update a fail.

OP
A

atlrus

Reaction score
Because there has been no Offical OTA update you can not say that the update is a fail, if the offical OTA comes out and does not fix the data issue then you can call the update a fail.

If some people want to hang on to semantics like that, that's fine by me.
But those who actually have the issue and are on the fence whether to be stuck with this phone for 2 years after spending $300 - consider yourselves warned.

Low Saturn

Reaction score
And trust me - you do have data issues, just don't know it yet. The minute you travel far enough from the tower you will see what we are talking about.

I travel out of tower range every day. I have needed to use the network extender I got from Verizon just so I can place and receive calls at home for a couple years now. So my home is right on the border lf tower coverage. I also do a lot of long distance driving going through areas with zero coverage.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't think so. I have a perfect eBay rating and I won't mess it up by selling junk phones.

So you'll be blamed for selling a phone that doesn't work because of Moto?

If someone is buying a phone from ebay I'm sure they know what they're getting into.

OP
A

atlrus

Reaction score
I travel out of tower range every day. I have needed to use the network extender I got from Verizon just so I can place and receive calls at home for a couple years now. So my home is right on the border lf tower coverage. I also do a lot of long distance driving going through areas with zero coverage.

OK, then all of us who claim we loose connection are a bunch of lairs. Or are you claiming that you have different hardware/software on your phone than I do?
When people all over the country switch 3 phones and still have the issue - it's not really a bad batch at this point.

dbord

Reaction score
I'm at the edge of coverage and rarely get over two bars and I have no data issue problems. Why is it that some Bionic's have major problems and others like mine have none???