Who got the Jelly Bean Update, and where in US are u?

wheeler062505

Reaction score
I got it. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. But sadly I have had way too many dropped calls before the update last night and have an sg3 on the way. I loved everything about this phone but the dropped calls. I think motorola should jump out of the phone biz and into computers, because until I got my laptop, my phone e was my computer. So I will be leaving this section of the forum, but checking back to see if there will be improvements.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
got it this morning updating now

tonyjh63

Reaction score
got it

I haven't been on the forums for a while, and had NO idea JB was even out, but received the update just a while ago. Anyone care to tell me what improvements I can expect? Thanks!

xtor

Reaction score
I got it. I'm in Cincinnati, Ohio. But sadly I have had way too many dropped calls before the update last night and have an sg3 on the way. I loved everything about this phone but the dropped calls. I think motorola should jump out of the phone biz and into computers, because until I got my laptop, my phone e was my computer. So I will be leaving this section of the forum, but checking back to see if there will be improvements.

Might have been something wrong with your phone, because moto make the best radios for calls, hands down, you'll like the s3 good phone 2

2nd Amendment

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
running stock JB with root and recovery now.. use ota rootkeeper so much easier

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
I haven't been on the forums for a while, and had NO idea JB was even out, but received the update just a while ago. Anyone care to tell me what improvements I can expect? Thanks!

Faster, more responsive screen

Better scrolling

Better battery life

Google Now

Faster voice to text

Keyboard enhancements

Message , email and phone call options / improvements in notification curtain

Text messaging color changes

Removed some bloatware

Other things I can't think of right now probably

Downgrades / Missing Features

Speed dials removed

Can't start group message using groups set up on phone in Stock text app any longer without an app (can still reply and see group messages)

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

wheeler062505

Reaction score
Might have been something wrong with your phone, because moto make the best radios for calls, hands down, you'll like the s3 good phone 2

2nd Amendment

Before the razr, I went thru 2 bionic also doing the same thing plus bouncing data signals. So I would say motorola is dropping the ball with these droids. Never had problems with dropped calls on any other Android phone I have ever had with any other carrier, even when I had cricket. And that was some years ago.

polarity0

Reaction score
People are just getting JB today?!? I got on my RAZR for months ago.

sline-dawg

Reaction score
Got it this morning..... Texas panhandle..... should get 4g soon.......:wink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I manually pulled it three times in Southeast TX