1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

So where are the Jelly Bean builds?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by nonnasmyladie, Jul 3, 2012.

1. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

I just got a push notification for ICS update that means now it is time for the jelly bean builds.

I heard the one for the Nexus is amazing.
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

Wait for source to drop.
  3. Sydman

Sydman Rescue Squad Premium Member

We have not even stopped complaining about ICS yet, seems a bit premature of these types of shenanigans. :p
    2 people like this.
  4. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Jelly Bean was just released by Google last week. ICS was released by Google in November, and Motorola is just now getting it pushed out. No one should expect Motorola to have any resemblance of a working build, or to have even started on a build, at this point.
  5. PastryShop

PastryShop New Member

Although it took Motorola 8 months to prepare and release ICS for the Razr...I have faith that it will never happen again. With Google buying Motorola Mobility this year I think the long waits will be no longer.
  6. mokes

mokes New Member

Yeah, I heard ICS was amazing too. I now realize that people who use words like "amazing and mind-blowing" while talking about a phone, may not have a grasp on what those words are actually used for. :blink:
    1 person likes this.
  7. lakerkev

lakerkev New Member

The Moto XOOM is supposed to be getting it sometime in July so we will see how that goes first I guess...
  8. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

apparently from everything i read even thou\gh motorola is owned byh google there is like no communication between them and google.
  9. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

10. WestOkid

WestOkid Active Member

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  11. Sandlotje

Sandlotje New Member

Wow, Seargent Killjoy over here. On the other hand, software and hardware developers in the Android sector of the smartphone market are well aware of the fragmentation issue of the different versions of the OS. To my knowledge, many of these developers have expressed interest in addressing that issue. The RAZR is a new phone still being mass produced with a lot of demand; therefore I'm sure it is high up on Moto's list of phones to receive the upgrade. Sure it will take a while just as ICS did, but I'm sure something is in the works. I've been running the ICS leak since it was made available and it seems like it's been a long time. Obviously no one knows for sure, but don't dismiss what you don't know factually.
    1 person likes this.
  12. mthorn79

mthorn79 New Member

The difference between JB and ICS is no where near as significant.

I predict we'll get JB on the Razr's birthday 11/11/12

13. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Sorry to rain on your parade by explaining why no one should expect a working build for the RAZR to already exist or to drop in the immediate future. That is what the thread is about - wanting to know if there are any working Jelly Bean builds for the RAZR - not speculating on when we'll see working builds. And factually speaking, Jelly Bean was just literally released to manufacturers, so while Motorola might be getting started on a build, there won't be a working build at this point. Likewise, there are no working Jelly Bean custom ROMs out there for the RAZR yet. So, I didn't dismiss anything that isn't factual or common sense.

Now, if you want to speculate on when we'll start seeing leaks or when we'll see the OTA, that's a different story. I agree that we're likely to see Jelly Bean, and that Motorola has probably started the process already. I also think that we'll see a faster turn around on a Jelly Bean release than we did with ICS due to it not being as big of an upgrade. But speculating on that is different than answering the thread title question and addressing what was said in the OP.
  14. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

Wow I like your attitude. Positive thinking right here. Jelly bean was released months ago!!!

I don't see motorola coming out with a build anytime soon but devs are working on it now I already installed google now on my razr
  15. mthorn79

mthorn79 New Member

Oops, thanks for catching that typo...should've read 2012, edited and fixed now!

16. add119

add119 New Member

+2 for people exaggerating on the os. Just wanted to be on latest greatest for this jelly bean seekers.

17. yaterml

yaterml New Member

My friend's a high ranking Verizon Customer Support Supervisor that works as a Level 2 Tech for Motorola and Jelly Bean will be released for the RAZR Maxx only the 21st of December This Year!!! The RAZR and the Bionic won't see JB this year.
  18. yaterml

yaterml New Member

At least that's what my friend on Facebook said he said you know he saw a tweet of a post of a picture from Circuit City taken from the Best Buy forum!
  19. yaterml

yaterml New Member

Working builds for JB are 4-6 months away at least for the RAZR we may start seeing JB themes ICS builds in about 60-90 days. The best thing for speed of turn around is there isn't a lot a difference between the versions and most updated junk removal from the source code for JB most of the new "features" will be portable to ICS here soon. I would be surprised if it's Red that holds off the update to JB for the RAZR until about 6-9 months after the HD comes out or until HD Maxx is dropped.
  20. add119

add119 New Member

Stop making rumors up. Some of isheep users might believe and post it on cnet and engadgets use it as reliable sources.

Search tags for this page

fascinate jelly bean