nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I just got a push notification for ICS update that means now it is time for the jelly bean builds.

I heard the one for the Nexus is amazing.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
We have not even stopped complaining about ICS yet, seems a bit premature of these types of shenanigans. :p

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I just got a push notification for ICS update that means now it is time for the jelly bean builds.

Jelly Bean was just released by Google last week. ICS was released by Google in November, and Motorola is just now getting it pushed out. No one should expect Motorola to have any resemblance of a working build, or to have even started on a build, at this point.

PastryShop

Reaction score
Although it took Motorola 8 months to prepare and release ICS for the Razr...I have faith that it will never happen again. With Google buying Motorola Mobility this year I think the long waits will be no longer.

mokes

Reaction score

Yeah, I heard ICS was amazing too. I now realize that people who use words like "amazing and mind-blowing" while talking about a phone, may not have a grasp on what those words are actually used for. :blink:

lakerkev

Reaction score
The Moto XOOM is supposed to be getting it sometime in July so we will see how that goes first I guess...

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Although it took Motorola 8 months to prepare and release ICS for the Razr...I have faith that it will never happen again. With Google buying Motorola Mobility this year I think the long waits will be no longer.

apparently from everything i read even thou\gh motorola is owned byh google there is like no communication between them and google.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Yeah, I heard ICS was amazing too. I now realize that people who use words like "amazing and mind-blowing" while talking about a phone, may not have a grasp on what those words are actually used for. :blink:[/QUOTE

It is a magic robot you hold in your hand and understands your voice giving voice controlled access to all the information in the world.

I think amazing fits.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Yeah, I heard ICS was amazing too. I now realize that people who use words like "amazing and mind-blowing" while talking about a phone, may not have a grasp on what those words are actually used for. :blink:

+1

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sandlotje

Reaction score
Jelly Bean was just released by Google last week. ICS was released by Google in November, and Motorola is just now getting it pushed out. No one should expect Motorola to have any resemblance of a working build, or to have even started on a build, at this point.

Wow, Seargent Killjoy over here. On the other hand, software and hardware developers in the Android sector of the smartphone market are well aware of the fragmentation issue of the different versions of the OS. To my knowledge, many of these developers have expressed interest in addressing that issue. The RAZR is a new phone still being mass produced with a lot of demand; therefore I'm sure it is high up on Moto's list of phones to receive the upgrade. Sure it will take a while just as ICS did, but I'm sure something is in the works. I've been running the ICS leak since it was made available and it seems like it's been a long time. Obviously no one knows for sure, but don't dismiss what you don't know factually.

mthorn79

Reaction score
The difference between JB and ICS is no where near as significant.

I predict we'll get JB on the Razr's birthday 11/11/12

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wow, Seargent Killjoy over here. On the other hand, software and hardware developers in the Android sector of the smartphone market are well aware of the fragmentation issue of the different versions of the OS. To my knowledge, many of these developers have expressed interest in addressing that issue. The RAZR is a new phone still being mass produced with a lot of demand; therefore I'm sure it is high up on Moto's list of phones to receive the upgrade. Sure it will take a while just as ICS did, but I'm sure something is in the works. I've been running the ICS leak since it was made available and it seems like it's been a long time. Obviously no one knows for sure, but don't dismiss what you don't know factually.

Sorry to rain on your parade by explaining why no one should expect a working build for the RAZR to already exist or to drop in the immediate future. That is what the thread is about - wanting to know if there are any working Jelly Bean builds for the RAZR - not speculating on when we'll see working builds. And factually speaking, Jelly Bean was just literally released to manufacturers, so while Motorola might be getting started on a build, there won't be a working build at this point. Likewise, there are no working Jelly Bean custom ROMs out there for the RAZR yet. So, I didn't dismiss anything that isn't factual or common sense.

Now, if you want to speculate on when we'll start seeing leaks or when we'll see the OTA, that's a different story. I agree that we're likely to see Jelly Bean, and that Motorola has probably started the process already. I also think that we'll see a faster turn around on a Jelly Bean release than we did with ICS due to it not being as big of an upgrade. But speculating on that is different than answering the thread title question and addressing what was said in the OP.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
The difference between JB and ICS is no where near as significant.

I predict we'll get JB on the Razr's birthday 11/11/11

Wow I like your attitude. Positive thinking right here. Jelly bean was released months ago!!!

I don't see motorola coming out with a build anytime soon but devs are working on it now I already installed google now on my razr

mthorn79

Reaction score
Wow I like your attitude. Positive thinking right here. Jelly bean was released months ago!!!

I don't see motorola coming out with a build anytime soon but devs are working on it now I already installed google now on my razr

Oops, thanks for catching that typo...should've read 2012, edited and fixed now!