Phone registering extra touches after Jelly Bean?

mikaselm

Reaction score
Got the ota last night and was super excited to get it installed. I went ahead and factory reset, then updated to Jelly Bean. Now that I've got it up and running, I'm a little confused. I'm getting an extremely frequent issue where I touch the screen, and the phone also registers a second touch somewhere else on the screen. Often when I'm typing, the phone recognizes a second touch on the space key or on the enter key, and when using google play, I'll click to install, and the phone will register a second touch right around the "leave a review" button. I can't figure out why this is happening, I've never had any problem before. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Got the ota last night and was super excited to get it installed. I went ahead and factory reset, then updated to Jelly Bean. Now that I've got it up and running, I'm a little confused. I'm getting an extremely frequent issue where I touch the screen, and the phone also registers a second touch somewhere else on the screen. Often when I'm typing, the phone recognizes a second touch on the space key or on the enter key, and when using google play, I'll click to install, and the phone will register a second touch right around the "leave a review" button. I can't figure out why this is happening, I've never had any problem before. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Have you tried rebooting the phone since the update (manually not the reboot to install)? Try that, or maybe another factory reset?

We are the Droid!!
You will be assimilated!!
Resistance is futile!!

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. Keyboard works fine for me but entering numbers on my phone dial pad registers an additional tap. Casues problems when trying to dial extension numbers or enter my voicemail passcode.

I reported it during the soak test.

David

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Interesting. I've not had any of the experiences you have both mentioned. However, I did have "ghost typing" when using TextFree and couldn't figure out initially. It would prevent me from typing in the phone number of a text message recipient. Turned out that the stock Swype keyboard doesn't play nice with TextFree. I changed to the stock Android keyboard and all "ghost typing" went away...changed back and the problem was back too, back to the stock keyboard and the problem goes away. Perhaps it's a soft keyboard problem, not a Jelly Bean problem. I suggest trying the alternatives first. Of course with the phone dial pad...that's a mystery. You might try exdialer or another 3rd party dialer and see if it still registers multiple presses.

OleManDan

Reaction score
My keyboard is much more sensitive now than when I was on ICS.
I'm kind of 'Ham handed' with keyboards, and if I'm not careful, I now mess up my typing.
Got to work on a lighter touch.

OP
M

mikaselm

Reaction score
Update: I realized that this is only occurring when the phone is on the charger... not sure what's up with that, but I'm going to try to get verizon to send out a new charger and see if that helps...