Who got the Jelly Bean Update, and where in US are u?

tsncpa

Reaction score
Jelly Bean is being realease in waves, and as of now it hasn't reach Massachusetts yet. Of those who got the OTA update, where are you located? And when did you get it?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-The OTA hasn't been released yet.

-The soak test began sometime last week.

-Once the soak test is done expect a couple days time to pass before the OTA to begin rollout.

OP
T

tsncpa

Reaction score
The news stories and posts from Verizon and Motorola make it sound like the soak test is over and the update is in full swing???????? Very Frustrating...

Tracey4

Reaction score
According to Motorola's website the update has been released...?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
-If the soak test has indeed ended expect the update to begin roll out this week.

-Remember Verizon has the final say not Motorola.

rpdonaldrazr

Reaction score
A very wise fox reminded me over in another thread that Verizon has yet to say one word about this OTA.

I'm thinking just because moto says q1 doesn't mean that Verizon will have it approved to go q1.

Once again we are at the mercy of Verizon.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Jelly Bean is being realease in waves, and as of now it hasn't reach Massachusetts yet. Of those who got the OTA update, where are you located? And when did you get it?

OTAs are sent out based on IMEI numbers, not by geographical location.

Sent from my DROID RAZR running 4.1.2

YellowJacket

Reaction score
The soak test ended Sunday (yesterday) Give it a week or two and you should start to see the "official" rollout.

- that will still make the "Q1" release for Motorola.

David

jaseman

Reaction score
Or you could just download the zip file that corresponds to the exact version you're currently running...side load it...and enjoy. I did on my wifes phone without any issues at all and everything is working great! :icon_ lala:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Or you could just download the zip file that corresponds to the exact version you're currently running...side load it...and enjoy. I did on my wifes phone without any issues at all and everything is working great! :icon_ lala:

Exactly what I did on my wife's phone and we're both happy.

diakonos1023

Reaction score
Direct install instead of OTA

I did not wait for the OTA myself as it seems using the OTA update can lead to a longer-than-reasonable update (I'm in TN around Nashville) -- at least that's how it went when my phone upgraded to ICS -- as well as hoping the download and install don't flake out.

As a result, I just downloaded the update file directly from here. If you follow the instructions exactly, you shouldn't have any issues updating your phone. And it is the official release of JB from Verizon. I was super happy with the update and I already love JB far better than ICS if for nothing else than my RAZR seems far more responsive than with ICS. With ICS I tended to get a lot of lock ups and delayed reactions when trying to start apps or switch between apps (which was true from day one).

wvdroidman

Reaction score
what is side load it mean? How can I tell which one I need? I have the christmas jelly bean leak and yes I know verizon could delay it indefinitely if they wanted to or even stop it from being released to sell more newer phones.

tindogify

Reaction score
ForumRunner_20130311_231626.png

ForumRunner_20130311_231626.png

It's here Chicago Illinois