Who else has problems with iheartradio?

radioboy

Reaction score
Still no update on the market. Do you have another guess on when it will be out?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums App

I'm testing the release candidate now...so it should be this week, if all goes well!

Dolfan

Reaction score
I LOVE iheart....used it for awhile, then it just started buffering alot, and trying to connect, so I got a diff radio app...I have now re downloaded iheart after reading this thread, I'm hoping it works better this time...I love Rock nation top 20... :icon_ banana:

Bob

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it, but have yet to try it out. I usually only use it in the morning so I can listen to a morning show. will try out later.

Dolfan

Reaction score
I use iheart alot when working out, it worked better than before with only a couple of short pauses(buffering maybe)but other than that it work way better than the last version I had...I noticed no Rock Nation top 20 listed in the channels thu,

Bob

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tried it this morning, but still having lots of buffering issues. Within just a few minutes I bet it paused on me about 10 times. ended up closing it and just pulling up the website to listen to.

-----
OK, I just realized something. My tab that I was trying the update out on is a flaky wifi. I started it up on my phone, and have had 0 buffering issues so far *knocks on wood*. So if it keeps working this way then I would have to say it the update has been great.

Last edited:

ssjvegeta003

Reaction score
Good think I checked up on this thread, for some reason my Iheartradio hadn't updated and I was still using 2.3 Version.

The main obvious problem was that I couldn't listen to the radio, the app was essentially worthless with the buffering in a 3G area.

The second problem, was when I was really bored and wanted to waste time, I would open the app, listen to it for about a minute, then the buffering game would start and I would just close it. What would happen is the GSP to locate local stations would stay on and I would always have to force close it to stop the GSP from draining my battery, it seems that problem was fixed.

Dolfan

Reaction score
so far works great...workout complete without even 1 buffering problem...cool!!!

Bob

Inundated

Reaction score
Radioboy, please pass along my satisfaction with 3.0.1. The Droid IHR finally has all the same stations the iOS version has, as far as I can tell (are they still streaming separately?), which added a whole bunch of new stations around here.

Performance is top notch, on WiFi or 3G.

I haven't seen anything about the update on any of the Android blogs for some reason :D

One question: the show specific channels seem to be missing, i.e. the full-time "Rover's Morning Glory" here in Cleveland (WMMS/100.7-based). Is there a reason for that, or am I just missing the show channels? Of course, you can still catch the various shows on their over-air station feeds.

matjmonk

Reaction score
Version 3.x is WAY better than previous versions. I've been using the iHeartradio app for a couple of years (since my BB Storm 1) and it was always frustrating on the BB due to the constant buffering and then on the DX it would just stop working even though it was still active in the task list. I would have to echo a previous posters concern, I would check for updates using the menu option in the app and I would always be told I had the latest version. I didn't even get a notice from the Market that a new version was available. The only reason I found it was I wiped my X to install a new ROM and I ended up having to manually download most of my applications due to a glitch with Market and when I searched for the app, it did not find my version but a name search found the updated one. I've been using it for almost a week and I really love it! I'm using it over a WIFI connection here at work and I haven't had a single buffering message the whole time. I did notice that sometimes it will lose connectivity when switching from WIFI to 3G and then it just gives me "no network connection" errors and even doing a force close and restarting the app doesn't work. I have found a work around by enabling airplane mode and then turning it off and once the network reappears, the app will once again work, but I'm not sure it's an app issue or a ROM issue. But thanks for the updates and finally getting this thing working right!
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Dolfan

Reaction score
I just switched roms....my ti backup was version 2.3 or whatever it was...I'm not seeing the new version in the market...wonder why?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App