Android iheartradio app cuts out every 35 seconds on Wifi

mjp81

Reaction score
Ok this is very perplexing. So I have the original Droid and the 2.3 VZW version of iheartradio. When I attempt to use it on my Wifi signal at home, the feed cuts out PRECISELY every 35 seconds and then reconnects. However, this does not occur when I am connected to 3G. If you are thinking its the Wifi signal, I also have a 4th gen iPod Touch, and it does not happen when using the iOS iheartradio app on the SAME Wifi signal.

So I believe I've established that it can't be either the Android app or the Wifi by themselves that's causing the connection resets. Any ideas as to what the problem is or how to try to correct it?

DTKempII

Reaction score
Well, several months later, with the DroidX, I have this same problem...except for me it doesn't matter whether I have WIFI enabled or not. I installed the IHeartRadio app tonight and was trying to listen to Nikki Sixx Sixx Sense station...but it constantly would start and stop, as you stated.

I began to wonder if it was even routing through my WIFI connection. I assumed it was a bandwidth issue...so it probably wasn't routing through WIFI and thus my FiOS Internet connection. There are no settings that I could find that ensure that all Internet-bound traffic is routing through my WIFI connection when I have it enabled on my Droid X. Meanwhile, while I am typing this, I have IHeartRadio streaming over the same wireless connection on my laptop. It works perfectly from the laptop.

I also didn't see a way to log into the app on my phone, though I did create an account on the computer.

markchen

Reaction score
Same problem here

I am also having the same problem when using wifi. I am not sure if the problem is there over 3G yet.

markchen

Reaction score
Solution

I uninstall the version that I download from Marketplace and use the browser to go to the iheartradio web site and download the app from there and the problem seems to be gone now. I am going to observed for a few days to see if it comes back.

arthurh3535

Reaction score
Add-blockers kills iHeart Radio. Seems to be related to the up-down voting mechanism.