Who else has problems with iheartradio?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by HughG, Feb 28, 2010.

1. HughG

HughG New Member

I have a Motorola Droid and one of my favorite apps used to be iheartradio. I used it all the time. The first release seemed buggy and I had some issues with it, but the second release seemed to be much better and worked fine for me... until Monday 2/22. Ever since then I have not been able to get any of my favorite channels to play... not even one time. I've tried it via wifi, 3G, and even re-installed the app yesterday... nothing works. It just says "Connecting..." but never gets any further.

I've emailed iheartradio tech support twice now, but they never reply. If you look at the comments for iheartradio in the Android Marketplace it is almost all 1 star ratings lately... lots of people seem to have problems, but nobody at iheartradio seems to acknowledge the issues.

Please launch your iheartradio, go to the Personalities section, scroll to the bottom and try to play the "Rovers Morning Glory" channel, and report back here if you can get it to work. I am curious. There is nothing more frustrating than an app that used to work, then suddenly stops for no apparent reason.

PS - I have some friends with iPhones, and they don't have the same problems.
  2. gmack35

gmack35 New Member

i have the same problem. i use it primarily to listen to Rover's Morning Glory, but haven't been able to connect to that channel for at least a week. when i switch to my iPod Touch Rover comes on instantly. Seems like they haven't perfected iheartradio for android yet.
  3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I freshly reinstalled iheartradio today when I changed ROM's. I loaded up the app, went over to Rover's and has been sitting at Connecting the past 2 minutes. I went randomly to the Kid Kraddick Channel and it is just connecting too. Got out of the app, went back to Rover's and still stuck at Connecting. I went over to see if my favorite channel 105.9 The X in Pittsburgh would start up - and it just did (wifi off). Went back to Rover and still no go. Exited the program, turned wifi on and The X started up. Went back to Rover with wifi on and still cannot connect.

When I had my Storm, I never had a problem with iheartradio, but the droid version has never been reliable. I'm mostly a Slacker user now.
  4. BLS

BLS New Member

I've had the same problems since the last update. Just hangs.
  5. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

i havent had a problem with connecting, but I just connect to the news/talk stations, still trying to find a station that carries coast to coast, but I havent looked too hard either
  6. HughG

HughG New Member

Nobody else has any problems? I haven't been able to connect now for over a week. Did somebody at iheartradio go on vacation and forget to turn on the android feed?

Amazing that an app will completely stop functioning for a week. I used to be in IT and if I released an app as buggy as this one, I'd be fired in a second.
  7. HughG

HughG New Member

Wow, I guess nobody uses this app. I loved it...when it actually worked.
  8. radioboy

radioboy New Member

Hey guys...I work with the team that designs this app and let me tell you the team is on top of it right now. I helped get this elevated to top priority...we obviously want to get this fixed ASAP...it's not working correctly on my Droid either.
  9. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I havent used this app in while because it wasnt working but i just saw this thread and tried rovers and it instantly came on
  10. radioboy

radioboy New Member

I know we're actively working on the problems right now...some of the more problematic servers have been restarted...so some stations should be coming in again. I'm sorry about the problems...believe me, as soon as I noticed it was acting up, I notified everyone I could.
  11. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Why cant I delete songs ive tagged in this app
  12. radioboy

radioboy New Member

Good question, JCo...I'll ask about that too once we figure out the bigger issues with the app.
  13. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Thank you, and i wanted to add that iheart radio is working great right now on my phone
  14. radioboy

radioboy New Member

Ah good to know! Thanks, JCo!
  15. HughG

HughG New Member

Yea, its working for me now too...finally, thanks.

I used to work in IT and I can't believe nobody from Clear Channel noticed it wasn't working for an entire week.
  16. radioboy

radioboy New Member

I use the app everyday. Believe me, we noticed it. There were more problems than was obvious on the surface...and not ALL channels were affected equally. Some of this stems from the fact that we use a separate streaming source for all channels on the Android version of the app vs. the feeds for BlackBerry and iPhone.

I know for a fact this has become a top priority to fix.
  17. ldimick

ldimick New Member

Thanks for the work and notification Radioboy. I deleted Iheartradio last night when I found this problem. But I will put it back on because you have been visible here.
  18. radioboy

radioboy New Member

Thanks for giving us another chance! I know the team is working on an update to the app (2.3) and it should be available soon...although I do not have an exact date.
  19. Sleeve

Sleeve New Member

Regardless of where you live in the company's org chart, it's very huge of you to come here and talk to your customers openly and help us. For that you get at least my loyalty. Now follow through with the responsible people that are running streaming servers without any monitoring software checking them and you'll have everyone's loyalty.
  20. radioboy

radioboy New Member

Thanks, Sleeve! I'm glad to hear it! The team worked hard through the night and as of today, it appears the app is running more solidly than it was in previous days. As I said, 2.3 is right around the corner...and that should resolve a lot of connection issues (at least I sure hope it does because I like using the app too). The server issues are being addressed as well. We use a very large streaming company - these kind of issues simply shouldn't exist.
Search tags for this page
android iheartradio problems
i heart radio android problems
i heart radio not working android
i heart radio problems android
iheart connection problems
iheart radio not working

iheart radio problems

iheartradio connection issues

iheartradio connection problem

iheartradio problems

iheartradio troubleshooting android