Who else has problems with iheartradio?

HughG

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid and one of my favorite apps used to be iheartradio. I used it all the time. The first release seemed buggy and I had some issues with it, but the second release seemed to be much better and worked fine for me... until Monday 2/22. Ever since then I have not been able to get any of my favorite channels to play... not even one time. I've tried it via wifi, 3G, and even re-installed the app yesterday... nothing works. It just says "Connecting..." but never gets any further.

I've emailed iheartradio tech support twice now, but they never reply. If you look at the comments for iheartradio in the Android Marketplace it is almost all 1 star ratings lately... lots of people seem to have problems, but nobody at iheartradio seems to acknowledge the issues.

Please launch your iheartradio, go to the Personalities section, scroll to the bottom and try to play the "Rovers Morning Glory" channel, and report back here if you can get it to work. I am curious. There is nothing more frustrating than an app that used to work, then suddenly stops for no apparent reason.

PS - I have some friends with iPhones, and they don't have the same problems.

gmack35

Reaction score
i have the same problem. i use it primarily to listen to Rover's Morning Glory, but haven't been able to connect to that channel for at least a week. when i switch to my iPod Touch Rover comes on instantly. Seems like they haven't perfected iheartradio for android yet.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I freshly reinstalled iheartradio today when I changed ROM's. I loaded up the app, went over to Rover's and has been sitting at Connecting the past 2 minutes. I went randomly to the Kid Kraddick Channel and it is just connecting too. Got out of the app, went back to Rover's and still stuck at Connecting. I went over to see if my favorite channel 105.9 The X in Pittsburgh would start up - and it just did (wifi off). Went back to Rover and still no go. Exited the program, turned wifi on and The X started up. Went back to Rover with wifi on and still cannot connect.

When I had my Storm, I never had a problem with iheartradio, but the droid version has never been reliable. I'm mostly a Slacker user now.

BLS

Reaction score
I've had the same problems since the last update. Just hangs.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
i havent had a problem with connecting, but I just connect to the news/talk stations, still trying to find a station that carries coast to coast, but I havent looked too hard either

OP
H

HughG

Reaction score
Nobody else has any problems? I haven't been able to connect now for over a week. Did somebody at iheartradio go on vacation and forget to turn on the android feed?

Amazing that an app will completely stop functioning for a week. I used to be in IT and if I released an app as buggy as this one, I'd be fired in a second.

OP
H

HughG

Reaction score
Wow, I guess nobody uses this app. I loved it...when it actually worked.

radioboy

Reaction score
Hey guys...I work with the team that designs this app and let me tell you the team is on top of it right now. I helped get this elevated to top priority...we obviously want to get this fixed ASAP...it's not working correctly on my Droid either.

JCo352

Reaction score
I havent used this app in while because it wasnt working but i just saw this thread and tried rovers and it instantly came on

radioboy

Reaction score
I know we're actively working on the problems right now...some of the more problematic servers have been restarted...so some stations should be coming in again. I'm sorry about the problems...believe me, as soon as I noticed it was acting up, I notified everyone I could.

JCo352

Reaction score
Why cant I delete songs ive tagged in this app

radioboy

Reaction score
Good question, JCo...I'll ask about that too once we figure out the bigger issues with the app.

JCo352

Reaction score
Good question, JCo...I'll ask about that too once we figure out the bigger issues with the app.

Thank you, and i wanted to add that iheart radio is working great right now on my phone

OP
H

HughG

Reaction score
Yea, its working for me now too...finally, thanks.

I used to work in IT and I can't believe nobody from Clear Channel noticed it wasn't working for an entire week.