• Wait for the Droid incredible HD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Droid x

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ndkpyro

Reaction score
I currently have a :palm: treo 700wx, I love the keyboard on this phone....but its almost 5 years old now I am up for a new phone in the 7th. I hate the I-Pone keyboard so I am torn between getting the Droid 2 so I can have a physical keyboard or waiting for the "incredible HD" and dealing with no physical keyboard. Thanks in advance for the input!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like you want a physical keyboard already, when the iPhone keyboard is already considered one of the best.

Droid 2 for you it seems.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
II hate the I-Pone keyboard so I am torn between getting the Droid 2 so I can have a physical keyboard or waiting for the "incredible HD" and dealing with no physical keyboard. Thanks in advance for the input!
As always with these threads: what do you want/need, aside from the keyboard? Is the keyboard a must-have?

BigZig

Reaction score
Here's an idea wait for the dinc hd to come out them demo all three and deside for yourself.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out of the 3 you mentioned in your poll, I'd wait for the Incredible HD, but that's just me.

I don't (and won't) own any of these (I'm still rockin' my D1).... I'm waiting for the superphones to drop :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
The droid 2

i have been using the droid 2 for about a month now and i have been greatly satisfied. i was stuck on getting the droid x just for the larger screen and better camera but i decided that a small sacrifice of screen size and a lower quailty camera is well worth it for the keyboard. very easy to operate and customize. i switched from a blackberry storm (first gen.) and i wouldn't trade the 2 for a thing

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have the DX now and love it...

but i would hold off until Incredible HD or wait till superphones hit

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
It seems that, each week, I read three or four threads asking what phone to purchase.

This seems strange to me. When someone purchases a pair or pants or shirt do they ask what to purchase. You go to the store and try them on. When you purchase a car you test drive first. Same for the phone --- go to the store and test drive what is available. Make your decision on what works best for you not someone else.

Just my opinion.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It seems that, each week, I read three or four threads asking what phone to purchase.

This seems strange to me. When someone purchases a pair or pants or shirt do they ask what to purchase. You go to the store and try them on. When you purchase a car you test drive first. Same for the phone --- go to the store and test drive what is available. Make your decision on what works best for you not someone else.

Just my opinion.

Mike
Pretty much, but I always get asked what car someone should get first, unless they have their heart set on a Camaro, Mustang, or Ranger/Canyon/insert gas-guzzler-SUV-here. Of course, I'm a bit of a car buff. :)

To be honest, wait till the latest and greatest drops and demo it. How would you like to buy, say, a Camaro SS only to find out that a week later Chevrolet is releasing a limited-edition SS2 that has 25% more horsepower and 30% better fuel economy for the same price? :)

Reaction score
[video=youtube;koJ0uWy93C4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koJ0uWy93C4]YouTube - HTC Merge preview[/video]

Go with the HTC merge. Far better keyboard than the droid/droid 2. It's supposed to be out by the 17th latest, and since you've had your treo for ~4-5 years I think you can stand the wait. I'm moving from my X to this when it comes out, as much as I like the X, a keyboard is necessary for me, and the merge's is fantastic.

**And yes, it does have Bing, but the google search widget is downloadable and so are google maps, so for anyone complaining of that, there point is moot**

OP
N

ndkpyro

Reaction score
Go with the HTC merge. Far better keyboard than the droid/droid 2. It's supposed to be out by the 17th latest, and since you've had your treo for ~4-5 years I think you can stand the wait. I'm moving from my X to this when it comes out, as much as I like the X, a keyboard is necessary for me, and the merge's is fantastic.
**And yes, it does have Bing, but the google search widget is downloadable and so are google maps, so for anyone complaining of that, there point is moot**

The merge does look nice I will probably wait for that to come out along with whatever else Verizon unveils.
Anyone know how the hardware performance compare to the Droid 2? its 200mhz slower, I know pc cpus but don't know much about phone processors I assume that just like the AMD vs intel a higher Mhz speed from a different chip doesn't always mean better performance. (either way it is probably 3-10 times faster then my current phone LOL)

I don't "need" a keyboard but I am very attached to having one :) so if its close between 2 phones the keyboard tips the scales.
@ Mwartman: I agree with "get whats best for you" but going along with your clothing analogy if my friend told me his brand x jacket looked nice at first but turned out to be itchy and fall apart after 3 months I would steer clear (not hating just saying) I know that these type of questions might get posted a lot but I value the input, Thanks!

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Don't get a motorola phone. The build quality is aweful on the phones. Just got my 3rd warranty replacement and it has the same problem the first 2 had. The slightest pressure on the headphone jack causes the audio to cut out. Verizon has made it difficult to get replacements for each. Apparantly a warranty is only valid if it is a "known" issue. Search google and see how known it really is. Plus the paint on the camera button falls off after a few weeks. Go with an HTC phone, I wouldn't recommend Verizon either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

lerit50

Reaction score
Don't get a motorola phone. The build quality is aweful on the phones. Just got my 3rd warranty replacement and it has the same problem the first 2 had. The slightest pressure on the headphone jack causes the audio to cut out. Verizon has made it difficult to get replacements for each. Apparantly a warranty is only valid if it is a "known" issue. Search google and see how known it really is. Plus the paint on the camera button falls off after a few weeks. Go with an HTC phone, I wouldn't recommend Verizon either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I know people that say HTC phones are unreliable.

My moto droid 1 is perfectly find after about a year of use now. So saying moto is unreliable and bashing them because of previous phones they have put out (i'm talking pre-droid) is wrong. Motorola has changed and I respect their engineering more now.

Also, Verizon is widely considered the most reliable network. I would have to say I am never without service.

EDIT: now with that said, that merge does look quite intriguing :p