Should I get the Droid?

bmitchell21

Reaction score
Hi,

In about a month, I'm able to upgrade on Verizon, and I know I'm getting an Android phone. I really want the Droid, but I'm thinking about the Nexus One (which I heard might be out soon).

I think the Droid is a really great looking phone (better looking than the Nexus) and I tried the keyboard, and I seemed to use it well. I don't really like a virtual keyboard which is why I'm leaning towards the droid (I hate the virtual keyboard on my Ipod touch).

So I'm just looking to see if anyone has any good opinions. I'm switching from a Blackberry which was extremely disappointing, so I really want this phone to work.

Thanks!

dtartini

Reaction score
Honestly I think it comes down to the keyboard. If you like a physical keyboard (which I prefer) go with the droid. If that's not an issue (sounds like it is though) , I say go with nexus one. Technically the nexus one has slightly better specs (ie 1ghz processor) but that can be achived with rooting the droid anyway. Obviously I am biased...I love the droid.

Last edited:
OP
B

bmitchell21

Reaction score
Thanks!

That's what it really comes down to. I know the Nexus has the Snapdragon, but I honestly don't think I'll be running multiple apps and playing games.

I just think the Droid is cooler.

dtartini

Reaction score
Cooler indeed. I hope you get the droid it won't dissapoint. Plus you will find whatever support you need on droidforums...this place rocks!

slinky

Reaction score
Choice is simple. If you do a LOT of email and not a lot of browsing, just occasional, stick with the Blackberry.

If phone stability means something to you and Outlook sync (not exchange), definitely stick with the blackberry.

If you need a better browser because you do a lot of browsing, think Android.

If you have a lot of apps for the BB and you're happy with them, stick with the BB. It will have a touch screen edition coming before end of year.

I switched from a bb but it was because much of my business revolves around the web and needs a browser. It's a good machine but nowhere near as solid stable as a BB and Outlook sync is miserable - you must use Google on the Android line for it to be completely smooth for notes, contacts and calendar. The Moto Droid has no reliable Outlook sync (some claim it works but let me tell you from experience... if you do Facebook and have a good amount of contacts... good luck.)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you've got to wait for your upgrade, Id wait til the Nexus is on VZW and try it with the Droid side by side and see what you like.