Should I jump on M8 bogo

Siouxsie

Reaction score
I have been holding out for the mythical D5, or something decent with a physical keyboard since my poor D3 started showing signs of impending death. That doesn't even seem to be a possibility now.
I am seriously considering this bogo deal advertising for the M8.
However that would mean I would be forced to finally release my grip on unlimited data.
Can I get any and all advice/input?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from somewhere down the rabbit hole.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
If the d5 were to release, it would've been out last year imo. Lenovo's acquisition of Motorola Mobile not too long ago also puts alot of question marks regarding their next slate of phones.

How much data do you actually use a month? I've been pondering this myself lately, even though I locked into another 2yr contract last July, but I average about 4-6gb a month. And that's with me choosing not to use wifi where I am. If I switch to wifi all the time, which is more than likely in the places I frequent, I'd probably be down to about 2gb a month, probably less. So think about the way you use your phone and if hanging onto unlimited data is really worth it to you.

As for the M8, don't know too much about it, but from what little I've read about it so far, there's alot of positive things going on for it. I hear one gripe is about the camera, but it hasn't been out long enough for any real extensive test shoots and comparisons either. The One was a solid phone, one of the best imo, and the M8 is supposed to continue that success that the One had. I'll probably be able to check one out in the near future, but if my impressions of the One were any indication of how the M8 is, it's definitely a good phone.

OP
Siouxsie

Siouxsie

Reaction score
I go through close to 4 or 5 a month so if I did do this I would try to get the unadvertised 6/mth for grandfathered ultd if it is still available.
Having had a chance to handle the M7 a few times I know it is solid and actually really like it. So far the only downside to the M8 that I can see is the size, and the cameras.

Somewhere down the rabbit hole.

ryan850

Reaction score
My brother had unlimited data and he negotiated with them to give him 8gb for the same price he had been paying previously since we were grandfathered in with the unlimited data.