Should I stay with Verizon?

Inverse

Reaction score
My Droid 2 refuses to charge. The cable won't stay in. It's causing me ridiculous stress and I need a new phone. I am currently in my upgrade window, but that's meaningless to me thanks to the new tiered pricing and the inability to grandfather me in to the new plan. This has left me very sour with Verizon, as 2gb limitations are ridiculous in this era of mobile computing, and I currently have 450m Unlimited text and data, for 59.99. Waving the 30 dollar data fee. I'd like to retain this, but it seems I will not be able to, and will be forced to go to the new plan for over 80 dollars a month...

...unless I go with Sprint.

Currently Sprint has some extremely poor options for QWERTY phones, with no decent offerings in sight for me. Which is the only thing keeping me from instantly switching to them. They have the Epic 4g, and almost 2 year old phone, as their most high tech, modern qwerty option, which is just too unfortunate for me. Though having unlimited data, and the Photon 4G~ among other options is making me consider dropping my qwerty convenience and drop Verizon for good.

I am highly interested in the Droid 4. I don't know this forum's take on this product just yet. If it's rootable, fun to use, worth it... however it looks like a thinner, sleeker version of the phone I already know and love(d?). I wouldn't mind upgrading to it, but is it worth it to pay more for it? Will the 4G just make it that much easier to hit the 2gb cap? Should I just say eff it and go to Sprint? I need to go to an important business trip this weekend, and I need to choose today where to go. The Sprint store, or the Verizon store and get a new phone...

I just, have no idea what to do...

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
I feel your pain..... I've been with Verizon for a long time and the new plans don't align well with my funds. For me it really boils down to if I believe their service is better than the other providers in the area. I have some family that is currently with Sprint and they seemed happy...... until we started messing around and doing speed tests, and call quality tests side by side..... I truly believe that Verizon has the best network, I just don't think it justifies the expanded cost when they were already more than the rest of the networks out there.... But the bottom line for me right now is that I do want to stay with Verizon because of the network.

Everyone I know with the D4 absolutely loves it!

OP
Inverse

Inverse

Reaction score
Does anyone who knows or works with Verizon know if I can get my plan grandfathered in? I was told July 7 was the deadline, but I find out Im a damn week late? This is breaking my heart. There has to be something I can do, because as it stands... I'll be abandoning the Droid lineup, and Verizon due to this unfair play. I was told I'd have unlimited, and would keep it as long as I stayed on my plan. Unless I watch these blog sites like a hawk, at no time did a Verizon wireless rep ever tell me as a customer this deadline would happen. Someone has to give me something~ I like the Droid, I like the network and I like this forum~ but I won't have neither of the three at this rate. :<

OP
Inverse

Inverse

Reaction score
Well, day is almost up. Thx, I guess... <3 Maybe I'll get my boyfriend or his friends to help me out or something. Really going to miss Verizon tbh~ -.-

apl3

Reaction score
I just used an upgrade on my family share program. I kept my unlimited data on my new Razr. Good luck if you go with Sprint as their coverage is horrible. I have used my Verzon phones in China, Canada all across the US with zero issues. If you travel I would suggest you be careful of Sprint not good coverage roaming etc.

Last edited:

tennvol

Reaction score
The new plans were all over the news, CNN, etc and have been all over the internet for months. Most of us agree that this sucks but take some personal responsibility here.

kparks

Reaction score
Inverse said:
Well, day is almost up. Thx, I guess... <3 Maybe I'll get my boyfriend or his friends to help me out or something. Really going to miss Verizon tbh~ -.-

Just call vzw and find out... and tell em to talk to a supervisor if they refuse then tell em to grandfather it or cancel it straight up. Att gives 5gb for 50 bucks that's not too bad I'd go there... Or get a used d3 off ebay or sumn

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Inverse said:
Does anyone who knows or works with Verizon know if I can get my plan grandfathered in?

Yes you can keep your plan but you have to pay full price for the phone.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Does anyone who knows or works with Verizon know if I can get my plan grandfathered in? I was told July 7 was the deadline, but I find out Im a damn week late? This is breaking my heart. There has to be something I can do, because as it stands... I'll be abandoning the Droid lineup, and Verizon due to this unfair play. I was told I'd have unlimited, and would keep it as long as I stayed on my plan. Unless I watch these blog sites like a hawk, at no time did a Verizon wireless rep ever tell me as a customer this deadline would happen. Someone has to give me something~ I like the Droid, I like the network and I like this forum~ but I won't have neither of the three at this rate. :<

Wow! Major entitlement mentality there. Just buy a D4 off ebay or craigslist. They only cost $300. Verizon has the best service you can buy, you will be sorry you switched just because you had to buy a new phone.

Dsmith

Reaction score
im leaving verizon as soon as my contract is up. tired of them changing plans all the time. im just gonna go to straight talk since they now have android phones. my friend has one and its every bit as fast as mine, has just as good of service and only pays $45 a month for unlimited everything.