Which of the three ways of typing do you prefer?

Which of the three methods of text input do you prefer?

• Vertical Touchscreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horizontal Touchscreen

• Physical Keyboard

• Depends.

• Total voters

sportadic22

Reaction score
SWYPE ALL The way BABBY....... only way to text.

on my old phone i loveddd hard keyboard... one reason i got droid. buttt the droid keyboard is just ehhh.. lol

ive evolved to onscreen keyboard with Swype :)

PhilSTR

Reaction score
Have anybody heard about Thickbuttons? We are working on creating new technology for text input for touchscreen phones. As you type a word, ThickButtons enlarges useful buttons by shrinking useless ones. www.thickbuttons.com

It will be nice to hear from all of you what do you think about our idea.

PS Hope you won't find this post as a spam or advertisement

justbob

Reaction score
For me it really depends. For texting or terminal emulation I use the physical keyboard. For web browsing, I use the horizontal soft keyboard. I use the vertical keyboard for everything else.

Rettocs

Reaction score
I love the physical keyboard, but sometimes when just bumping out a quick text response or something, I will use the vertical keyboard (then regret it when I actually spend more time trying to correct errors than if I'd just used the physical kb instead). I should try Swype.

Elysian

Reaction score
Physical for me... and I dumped swype, too annoying to deal with, despite trying since it was first put on the web... way too many annoyances. Stock virtual keyboard works alright, though its pretty inaccurate at times...

myriad46

Reaction score
Horizontal touch. I like it a lot better, now that I shut off the feature to select the highlighted, predicted word with the spacebar. I liked the feature to select the highlighted word, but not with the spacebar. If you're not paying attention, you can put in an entirely different word. I'd rather make a typo.

Mr Steve

Reaction score
Swype on the vertical keyboard with the physical keyboard for non-standard words such as logins & passwords.

Wendy

Reaction score
I voted horizontal touchscreen. I think I've only used the physical keyboard twice.

Wendy

Reaction score
Horizontal touch. I like it a lot better, now that I shut off the feature to select the highlighted, predicted word with the spacebar. I liked the feature to select the highlighted word, but not with the spacebar. If you're not paying attention, you can put in an entirely different word. I'd rather make a typo.

Yea, I meant to text my brother "okey dokey" and accidentally sent "okey donkey" :icon_eek:

Maverick0984

Reaction score
Physical all the way, then whichever touch if I'm feeling lazy. Swype is okay, but nonstandard words are a pain.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like Horizontal touch, then vertical, then physical. My thumb's a bit too big for vertical and I sometimes hit the wrong button, but not enough to completely hate it...I think the horizontal touch just has the right sized buttons.

Never REALLY used the physical keyboard much, and I find it slows me WAY down when I DO use it...