1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

physical keyboard; vertical, horizontal, or none

Discussion in 'Android Forum' started by everstar80, Oct 9, 2010.

1. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

With the unexpected, and to some disappointing design of the Motorola droid pro, what type of keyboard do you prefer: vertical keyboard, horizontal keyboard like the droid and droid 2, or no keyboard like the incredible or the droid x?

Personally i prefer the horizontal because of the convenience of typing fast without making mistakes because i am six foot four and have huge hands so it makes it easier. And i have the entire screen that i wouldn't with a phone that has no physical keyboard. And with a vertical keyboard for me presents the same problem as having no keyboard.

So with the several devices expected and the others rumored coming soon, do you want them to have a physical keyboard, and if so, vertical or horizontal?
  2. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 New Member

i like the horizontal but it would be pretty awsome if they made a droid that slid both ways
  3. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

That does sound like a good concept to please and appeal to a wider audience. But how could the physical keyboard be the same to fit both sides?
  4. piffey

piffey New Member

I bought a D2 thinking I'd want the slide-out keyboard. Turns out, after installing Swype, I only use it to compose long mail messages and type in forums. It makes a world of difference then, but I think I could probably adapt to using swype or another advanced on-screen keyboard just as quickly. If I want to type a letter I should probably do it on my desktop anyway.
  5. Droid_3.0

Droid_3.0 New Member

ever heard of the Samsung Alias™ 2 why not just use the type of keys where they change letters / numbers when you open it from different sides its pretty awsome
  6. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

Tried the site and for some reason they said my area was unavailable, got any specs or other websitws to check this out. Keep in mind that i have become a Motorola addict in recent months.
  7. everstar80

everstar80 New Member

Sorry i just went to the website and that is not what i had in mind at all for a device. For me the Aesthetics are horrible on that phone. I want progression like the speculated pictures from nvidia for the superphone.
  8. kechamb

kechamb New Member

Horizontal is fine for me I like the feel of using my computer keyboard.
Search tags for this page

android vertical physical keyboard

does it matter android with vertical keyboard
vertical physical keyboard for galaxy s3