Which keyboard do you use?

travisn000

Reaction score
Here are the ultra keyboard screenshots with the customized arrow keys, and .com button (second pic):

Last edited:

gsDroid

Reaction score
The Ultra keyboard looks very functional with the cursor movement keys on the main screen. I'd love to try it, but I don't think I could properly evaluate it in 15 minutes before I would have to uninstall for a $2.79 refund if I didn't want to keep it. Stupid new return policy.

travisn000

Reaction score
The Ultra keyboard looks very functional with the cursor movement keys on the main screen. I'd love to try it, but I don't think I could properly evaluate it in 15 minutes before I would have to uninstall for a $2.79 refund if I didn't want to keep it. Stupid new return policy.

There is also a (free) trial version that gives you 24 hours of use before it shuts off... you can remove and re-install it for another 24 hours if one day isn't enough (..it took me a few days before I ponied up and paid).

Last edited:
OP
dolfanpete

dolfanpete

Reaction score
Hmmmmm. I bought but didn't install smart keyboard pro. Said something about collecting my user names and passwords

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
That is a general warning that Android puts for any keyboard that you install. Any keyboard, including Swype will give you that warning when you install it. That's the same warning you get when you uncheck the box to install non-market apps. Just a warning saying that it could not be safe.

wojtalsd

Reaction score
SlideIt is still number one for me. I even have the swype beta for my D1 and it is on my D2. I even installed SlideIt on my D2. Best out there IMO!

FullyInvolvedMedia

Reaction score
ak.jpg
akland.jpg

Here's "Arrows Keyboard" based on the Gingerbread keyboard. Works on Android v2.2 and better and gives your directional cursor arrow keys in a Dpad format on the primary layout.

snodog

Reaction score
I have seen a few replies regarding the 'Arrows Keyboard'. I have downloaded and used this keyboard exclusively to access the direction arrows on the keyboard, however I am not liking the inaccuracy of the 'keys' and the inconsistancy of the appearance of the direction arrows. sometimes they are there and sometimes not. Usually rotating the screen and the returning will 'force' the screen to refresh and you get the arrows if there had been missing When I use this keyboard I find myself 'constantly' back spacing because of missed letters which may or may not be my fault, however I do this much less in the multi touch keyboard. I should also comment on the word correction / word prediction is not as robust as the multi touch keyboard.

In theory it seems like a good idea, but in execution it is not working out as planned

Today there was another update for the arrows keyboard so I will take some time to go back to it in order to test it further. I have also downloaded the Ginger Bread keyboard and need to evaluate it. I plan on trying the ultra keyboard now that I know about it...

denial1385

Reaction score
I still use Shapewriter. Swype doesn't even come close to it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

FullyInvolvedMedia

Reaction score
however I am not liking the inaccuracy of the 'keys' and the inconsistancy of the appearance of the direction arrows. sometimes they are there and sometimes not.

Snodog, Yea make sure you have the current Arrows Keyboard version v2.3. Let me know if you still have any issues. If you do, we'll fix 'em!

Last edited:

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've used all of the ones that are available as 3rd party apps. However, I now use the Gingerbread keyboard. It works well and I love the new "shadow" keys.

i'm with you, Bayou! although, i like a themed GB kb a little bit better.

Last edited:

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Swype re-opened their beta a little while ago, so I signed up and have been using it for about a month and a half now. I like it quite a bit on my D1. I've only used the stock keyboard (both Froyo's and Gingerbread) as other keyboards.

FullyInvolvedMedia

Reaction score
Ok we just finished an update of Arrows Keyboard to v2.4. Try it out and let me know what you think.

The arrow keys when pressed and held (long press) repeat just like a real keyboard.

Also, the smiley face menu stays up even if you stop long pressing, along with a few other things.

Thanks for the feedback.

- Adam