Which of the three ways of typing do you prefer?

Which of the three methods of text input do you prefer?

• Vertical Touchscreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Horizontal Touchscreen

• Physical Keyboard

• Depends.

• Total voters

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Horizontal touch. I like it a lot better, now that I shut off the feature to select the highlighted, predicted word with the spacebar. I liked the feature to select the highlighted word, but not with the spacebar. If you're not paying attention, you can put in an entirely different word. I'd rather make a typo.

Yea, I meant to text my brother "okey dokey" and accidentally sent "okey donkey" :icon_eek:

LOL! :rofl3:

bmchan

Reaction score
Purely a matter of preference but I have never used the physical keyboard. I use an ipod touch for music and podcasts so using the horizontal touch is natural.

The word auto-fill is also exceptional

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Depends on my mood or what I'm doing. It's either vertical with Swype or the physical keyboard. I never use the on screen landscape keyboard. I can't see wanting to, since I have this nice kb that slides out and doesn't block any part of the landscape screen :)

MrCapcom

Reaction score
I use the Physical Keyboard the most but when im not I use swype but swype is a horrible keyboard unless you use the swyping features. Regular input sucks :-(

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Took me a couple weeks to get used to the physical keyboard but now I love it. Can type faster with it than on the virtual keybord. Use it exclusively for emails.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Is this even out for Android?

Yes, but not through the Market. You'll have to get it from their site or I believe someone posted it on this forum.

search for it here on the forums and you will find links. if you are not using swype, you are doing it WRONG.

I'm all the way behind on you on this one. Swype is such an amazing product.

When it goes live, I'll pay for it.